Angry Customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMetalG5, Jun 25, 2010.

1. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Just came out of the Apple Store and no bumpers available. The sales teeny bop girl told me they are getting bombarded with calls and walkins asking for bumpers. They don't expect to get any color bumper for at least 2 weeks now.

While I was just browsing around I talked to a group of 5 angry customers who were at the store bright and early to return their i4's. They wanted to re-activate their 3Gs's. All of them complain of the poor reception. One had a bumper and I wanted to buy it off her but she said no. She was returning it so why not sell it to me!? Anyway I made a suggestion that isn't it too soon to make judgement? Shouldn't you wait a week or so and test the phone out some more and maybe there will be a press release, etc... they didn't want to hear it. As I was leaving a couple were walking in with i4's in hand asking where they could return them.

Don't you think people are being a bit hasty? I mean it hasn't even been that long really. Yes I am experiencing the reception/wifi issues but I'm not about to just return it. Actually I want a damn bumper for it!!!!!!!!!

2. mb2008 macrumors regular

My color bumpers will be here next week, just got the shipping notice from Apple.

People buy Apple products because they want something that works intuitively. Some actually buy the iphone to use as a phone! And when the PHONE part of the iphone doesn't work, they need to get their money back to purchase an actual working phone.

I personally love ATT. I can't get Sprint or Verizon at my home. But I can certainly sympathize with others who are the opposite.

3. i-Engineer macrumors member

That is good, at least something like this will make apple to change its direction and maybe have a better statement than "not an issue"

4. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Yes they are being a bit hasty but it doesn't matter. Why? Simple; As soon as they return the phone they'll be sold to someone else. The demand is sky high.

One thing I just thought about was I wonder if they'll address the reception issue on the white iPhones. I saw somewhere that it was the result of a missing coating...

5. coelacanth macrumors 6502

OP, you could have offered the guy to buy up his bumper and give him the price he paid. :p

6. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

They will be "refurbed" before they will be sold again.