Angry! Help?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ipooed, Nov 9, 2014.

1. ipooed macrumors 6502

ipooed

About 4-5 days ago I was running iOS 7.1.2 until randomly my phone rebooted and I was shown the connect to iTunes screen :( after a day of searching I had to update to the newest iOS 8.1 I believe, now videos will not play! YouTube, Safari, Facebook etc anytime I click on a video it just constantly loads! I used to watch videos daily on 7.1.2 with no issues! I think it's time to trade this POS! For an android

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Try a hard restart of the phone. Hold the home and power buttons down until the phone restarts.

3. Alonso Quijano macrumors 6502

It wasn't really so random was it op?

It's like you go out of your way in all of your posts to say something bad?

4. ipooed thread starter macrumors 6502

ipooed

No it wasn't random but it was easier then explaining the whole thing, and it didn't really matter as it had nothing to do with the initial question

----------

And yes all my posts are usually "angered" cause I pay top dollar for a device that should run smooth, and who comes to forums to post how awesome there phone is running? Hardly anyone people come here for problems and to help others with problems. And in my previous post what does it matter "how I had to update" as it has nothing to do with the question at hand. You just wanna be a troll

5. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

My iPhone 6 is running awesome, and I've never had any of the issues you've stated, there was an issue with one of the iOS 8 betas that didn't play video but that was fixed in time for public release :)

6. ipooed thread starter macrumors 6502

ipooed

That fixed it, however the problem is back. So I guess I just need to reboot my phone once an hour or so

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Why not call Apple or take it to the Apple store?

8. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

The hard-restart is good advice.

If that doesn't work, use iTunes to restore the phone as new (not from backup), then pipe your songs, apps and other content back onto the phone. It's a bit of a hassle but is the best way to ensure that any software corruption is rectified.

Smartphones are enormously complicated computers, and there's a lot that can go wrong with their software. It's actually rather amazing that they work as well and as reliably as they do, considering how much functionality is crammed inside them-- far more than exists in a PC or Mac.

So, regardless of whether you're running iOS or have stomped in a huff into the world of Android or Windows Phone, you'll very possibly run into the issue of odd behavior here or there, and the solution is always the same: wipe the thing and reinstall everything from scratch.

It's good default advice for fixing odd behaviors in personal computers, too.

----------

Sounds like the restore-as-new is needed. That is the first thing the Genius Bar will tell you to do, especially in a case like this when the issue is clearly software-related. (But it's always the first step they'll insist-on even in the case of a seeming hardware failure, like an intermittent home button. The reason is that the button merely triggers software, so any issue could be software as much as hardware.)

----------

Go ahead, but the first thing they'll insist you do is a restore-as-new. That fixes the majority of issues.