Angry iMac owner. Need advice please

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Mantronix, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Mantronix macrumors regular

Hey guys here is my story, I bought an aluminum 24" which is barely a year old and I've brought it back to the Applestore 3 times for repairs. All tree times it was a hard drive issue. Well it has been at the store for 2 weeks. I spoke to a Genius bar associate last week and he said my computer was next in line for repairs. They stated it was the senor on my logic board was causing the hard drive to fail. A week goes by and I haven't heard from them. So I call them today to see what the hell is going on today and they are saying they found another problem with it. When they replaced the logic board they ran a diagnostic test and it came back as a failure. So I'm looking at Weds the latest I may get my iMac back if no other problems surface. What really pissed me off no one had the courtesy to call and let me know that what happened. It's been two weeks I been without a computer. My girlfriend is out of town with my macbook so I'm posting this on my cellphone. I had to call and find out the status on it. I'm really pissed off and I'm trying to figure out what are my options.

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    Pressure the manager, let him know you need it for work and it's been 2 weeks now. I'm sure if you put the thumbscrews on him good and proper he'll speed up whatever is going on in store.

3. amd4me macrumors 6502

If you call Apple support usually they will just replace it if you have had this many problems. Remember be very nice and dont loose your temper.

4. kindablue09 macrumors regular

kindablue09

Talk with the store manager and explain how being left in the dark has inconvenienced you. Chances are, someone wasn't doing what they were supposed to do and neglected to inform you of any status updates. At the very least the manager should iron out the communication issues the repair staff seems to be having.
    W/o their customer service, apple is screwed. They will do whatever they can to keep a good rapport.

oh and btw, be civil or they will just stand by and watch you blow off steam :)

5. Mantronix thread starter macrumors regular

Ok update guys.... I just got off the phone with Apple care support manger and they are mailing me a new 24" iMac and it's a upgrade from my current model. Faster processor, 4 gigs of ram and double the hard drive space. All I have to do is pick up my old iMac from the apple store and when my new one comes in the mail send off my old one back to them.

2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4GB memory
    640GB hard drive1
    8x double-layer SuperDrive
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

6. kurzz macrumors 6502

kurzz

Having worked in customer service in the past, I can tell you that if you speak calmly and make your case you'll get much further than yelling or whining.
    It helps if you write out what you're going to say before you go.

Someone speaking like a lawyer sounds more scary than someone cursing or yelling with anger :p

7. amd4me macrumors 6502

What did I tell you my friend?

8. anamznazn macrumors regular

anamznazn

9. Mantronix thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah it does. I was calm when I spoke to him. I was so angry earlier today that I thought about petitioning in front of the Applestore with a picket sign on the release date of the iPhone 3GS. :p

10. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  11. RvMan56 macrumors member

RvMan56

Yelp I am very pleased with Apple service, they are going to fix my screen here on sight. Glad to have apple care. I was very nice on the phone and explained that I shouldn't see burnt in words and she agreed. Being disabled they understood how hard it is to carry this heavy computer in so was more than happy to home service.

Go Apple
    :) :apple:

12. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

Glad you got a good resolution to your issue. Apple support is generally pretty good about helping their customers out, in my experience.

13. amd4me macrumors 6502

The only company I have ever encountered that did better was RR of Manhattan.

14. RvMan56 macrumors member

RvMan56

What or who is RR of Manhattan?

15. amd4me macrumors 6502

Rolls Royce

16. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

well if you spend half a mill on a car, I would expect amazing service lol.

Edit: Generally speaking of course.

17. amd4me macrumors 6502

Well alot of other companies in the same price range have HORRIBLE service. Just take a look at BMW and Lamborghini. Rolls Royce has a no questions asked policy concerning maintenance and system failures in the event of failure to commence. EG if you break it they buy it for the full term of the warranty. You are spinning doughnuts in your Phantom and you snap a U joint. They say sorry and fix it.

18. LEStudios macrumors 6502

LEStudios

19. Mantronix thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah you were correct. On top of that they will let me upgrade to the 2.93GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 256MB memory model for $300.00. They gave me a full reimbursement for a new Apple care warranty instead of transferring my current warranty to the new iMac.

20. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

That's the kind of service that makes a onetime customer a lifetime customer. Glad to hear that it worked out so well for you!

21. Mantronix thread starter macrumors regular

Exactly! :)

22. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

23. Chelsealov3 macrumors newbie

And this, is exactly the reason I'm happy I switched to apple;
    I had my HP Slimline PC for about five years, had over five hard drive failures, had to send it in for repairs four times, had to reformat the hardrive countless times..
    The last problem(something with the bios) caused my pc to beep over and over, and when HP tech support tried to charge me for repairs, after the numerous problems I'd had, I went out and got an iMac.