Angry that Apple has screwed UK/EU customers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by netdog, Jan 30, 2008.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Well, they have gotten to Airs ordered as late as the 17th in the USA and shipped these while even those ordered in the UK and EU at large remain NOT YET SHIPPED.

If this pisses you off, put your name on this list.

Please, there are plenty of other threads for discussion, so let's keep this one to posts about our dissatisfaction with this policy from Apple, We know they read these threads, so make your voice heard.

2. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

I know, and I am sincerely sorry for you. HOWEVER this is a consumer item. and that being said its a computer. Please be angry about something of greater importance. LOL just kidding I would be PISSED too.

Cheers mate

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Apple has always valued US customers over non-ones; this is nothing new. Besides moving here, best thing to do's to write an angry letter to sjobs, demanding faster shipping rates!

Or, you know, find something else to do for a couple more days. :cool:

4. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

sjobs has gotten three emails so far from me, the latest outlining the list of machines and Apple peripherals that I have bought since the day they switched to Intel (I ordered a 20" iMac right after the keynote).

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

ooh, where do I get in line to b*tch about not getting my underpowered laptop with one usb port fast enough :rolleyes:

Seriously people

6. aiongiant macrumors 6502a

i agree! it does suck!

however.. i'm pretty sure your "ship date" on your order confirmation from apple isn't up yet =) so getting your mac before that date isn't exactly "unfair"

7. heatmiser macrumors 68020

What'd they say in response?

8. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Nada.

9. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Yeah this always happens . EU is always the last to get things. But be optimistic - the first batch of computers could be buggy, so maybe some of the weaker ones will have been weeded out :)

10. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

and then you factor in how we also get ripped off over here. I hate the fact that even with 14% off in the UK if you buy through the HE store, you still end up paying more than the standard US price: ridiculous!:mad:

11. akadmon macrumors 68010

I'm sorry, but how do you think Americans feel when they visit UK or EU? Christ, one can't get a decent cup of coffee for under $5!!! Not to mention that and typical cup of coffee in the US is 16 oz instead of 4 on the other side of the ocean :D

The sword that is the weak dollar cuts both ways, so quit complaining already.

12. eddietr macrumors 6502a

Are you paying more even if you don't include the VAT? Remember that our prices are exclusive of sales tax, since that varies here by state or even by city/county sometimes. And your VAT is considerably higher than the sales tax in any US jurisdiction that I'm aware of.

Also, I would think that Apple doesn't adjust pricing in other currencies constantly to track fluctuations in the dollar. So right now, the difference may be greater than it would be at other times.

13. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Hey, I am an American. I just live in London. Don't blame the UK just because Bush and the Congress have put the dollar in the toilet. It hurts me much more than you as I live here and the $ is worth about 10 cents all over the world now.

14. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

Yes, the 17.5% doesn't begin to makeup the difference in price on most Apple items.

15. gavd macrumors 6502a

You're right - the shipping date people were estimated hasn't arrived yet, but people in the States didn't have a ship date before the 5th either and Air's have started to be shipped to the States. That's why people are disappointed / annoyed.

16. akadmon macrumors 68010

But but, don't folks get paid paid more ($ for $) than people in the US?

Apple is taking advantage of the week dollar because they can. It's what the buyer is willing to pay. You can vote with your wallet if you don't like it. I don't know for a fact, but I suspect a lot of US based companies are doing the same, i.e., they're not adjusting the prices down with every change in the currency market.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It annoys me when Apple's Euro HQ in in Ireland and were still left waiting.. :rolleyes: it's not like we even have Apple stores here in Ireland either... :rolleyes:

18. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

The only places that charge $5 for a coffee are usually overly pretentious or evil chains. Try going to places with a bit more character - take a few a side streets, it's an OK thing to do in most UK places even in London.

19. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

cheers netdog, i wasn't exactly sure how to respond.

The modal wage in the uk isn't actually that high, and tends to screw up averages, just as the same applies in America due to unemployment.

In essence however, the uk is ripped off on almost everything, a few examples:

$5 american t shirt sold in urban outfitters for £30

for a long while the dell E248WFP 24-inch was around £400 here, and $390 in the us

dont even get me started on ram

Apple products follow the same model too.

i am not for a moment saying that american people dont have it hard when they come here, quite the contrary, my cousin is an american living in the uk and finds the exchange rates a constant pain. But know that most residents of the uk cannot afford a cup of coffee in starbucks on a regular bases either

20. netdog thread starter macrumors 603

netdog

21. GavinTing macrumors 6502

GavinTing

At least you guys get ipods on time.

Welcome to Singapore.

22. signatus macrumors member

signatus

Wow! Where did you buy your coffees when you came to Europe? Well, maybe in tourist locations it's expensive, but here in Spain, a cup of coffee costs € 1 (which is more or less $ 1.5). And it's nice coffee.

:p

23. akadmon macrumors 68010

Oh yeah, and it's probably served in a little thimble :p

We here in the US like to guzzle our coffee as much as our SUVs like to guzzle gas (petrol for those who find the American way of referring to a liquid as gas perplexing:D)

24. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

I wouldn't argue from Singapore, it is pretty much the cheapest place to get Apple wares apart from Hong Kong.

25. rols macrumors 6502

They're still selling ipod touches in Singapore with the old applications on them, in the apple stores, and you can't even update them.