Aniki's Mac tip videos

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Aniki, Oct 26, 2008.

1. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Some thoughts ...

You need to make sure your antivirus is out of the way while recording.

If you are walking someone through the setup of a program, you must explain any dialog boxes or popups that occurs, don't just dismiss them by saying "no." People need to know what they mean.

You images should already be on the computer, dont confuse people by opening a different program.

If you want to teach people about retouching their photos, you need to use an actual photo, not a logo.

While retouching, make sure to explain what each slider does, otherwise, you haven't taught anyone anything. It'd be easier to tell them to just play around with it until the photo looks good.

2. Aniki thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, I'll try. It's my first <_<, Give me some slack. Lol

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

No problem, I edited my post, take a look now. These are some thoughts that should help you in the future.

I'll get to the other one shortly.

4. Aniki thread starter macrumors regular

Alright, I would need to take a pic too. So yeah. Oh well. I'll try to improve over time.

5. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

Hi,
    the quality of the videos is also a bit poor and it's not easy to see correctly what's going on.

Speaking a bit louder would also help. It's not easy to understand what you say especially for someone who's not a native english speaker ;)

cheers,
    Tex

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The second one seems a little better on the walkthrough part of it.

Although, I would note that those settings may not work for everyone, as torrents depend on a number of factors, such as seeds available and their upload speeds, and by limiting your upload speed, you have cause everyone on your seeds to slow down.

7. Aniki thread starter macrumors regular

I know, I know, but I tried downloading a torrent with 3 seeds, and it was almost dead, and with those settings I got 30 kb/s. So it can help often. But limiting your seeds, can help your download speeds.

8. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Not normally, since the majority of providers have separate upload and download bandwidths, one doesn't affect the other.

9. Aniki thread starter macrumors regular

10. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I'm saying that you might have 8Mbps Download speeds, but only 2Mbps uploads. They are separate and independent of each other.

11. itcomic macrumors member

nice tutorial and tips. keep it update if possible . thank you for share.