Animated emoji gone?

danmart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Since upgrading my S3 to Watch OS5 I’ve noticed the animated emoji that you used to only have access to on the Watch are gone?

Can anyone else still get them on the latest software? I’ve tried a reboot of my Watch with no effect.

Reactions: basher

basher

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ USA
Since upgrading my S3 to Watch OS5 I’ve noticed the animated emoji that you used to only have access to on the Watch are gone?

Can anyone else still get them on the latest software? I’ve tried a reboot of my Watch with no effect.
I can't find them either. They sure were a lot of fun.

redman042

macrumors 68030
Jun 13, 2008
They do appear to be gone. Apple has been cleaning out lesser-used features. Personally I’ve used animated emoji about three times since the original launch in 2015.

danniexi

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
On the Messages app on your watch...
  • scroll down to reply
  • Tap the emoji icon (between the dictation and digital touch option and directly above the Scribble)
  • swipe left or right to choose between emojis, animated emojis, animated hearts, or animated mime hands.

RBDan

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
  • scroll down to reply
  • Tap the emoji icon (between the dictation and digital touch option and directly above the Scribble)
  • swipe left or right to choose between emojis, animated emojis, animated hearts, or animated mime hands.
I don’t see them there. Hmm....

basher

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2011
Glendale, AZ USA
  • scroll down to reply
The doesn't work in WatchOS 5. The layout is different from what you are describing. If I was using WatchOS 4, your directions would be correct.

Reactions: danmart

danniexi

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2012
The doesn't work in WatchOS 5. The layout is different from what you are describing. If I was using WatchOS 4, your directions would be correct.
being the ******* that I am, I just checked my watch, not realizing I have a launch day S0 and I don’t have Watch OS5. my apologies.

OldNavyGuy

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2018
I think i used them all of one time lol
Others milage may have varied. These were one of my favorite features of the Watch OS. I am VERY disappointed to lose them. Thanks Apple. You could have made them optional instead of just removing them.