Animated PNGs -vs- drop shadows on text!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Let's Sekuhara!, Mar 16, 2009.

?

Animated PNGs -vs- drop shadows on text... which is more important to you?

1. Animated PNGs are totally badass!

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Drop shadows on text are the key to a better world!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Who needs cool features (or web standards)? I use IE...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't understand what this is about! Leave me alone!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I understand what this survey is about, but who cares?! You have no life.

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  6. Other?

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Let's Sekuhara! macrumors 6502

Let's Sekuhara!

Firefox can now display animated PNGs! No more jagged GIF transparency in your web animations. :D
    Safari can't do that.

And yet there's also something awesome that Safari can do but Firefox can't: drop shadows on text! :p

Both of these things are damn cool. But let's take a poll: Which is more important to you?

(The question of which browser is better is beyond the scope of a survey so I figured I'd widdle it down to these two features.)

Imaginary commenting dude: "But why do we have to choose between one or the other? I mean wouldn't it be awesome to have both of those features in all browsers?"
    Imaginary response from browser-maker X: "SHUT UP! These are browser warrrrrz!"

2. InkMaster macrumors 6502a

Sigh... can't we all just get along and have everything :p

But anyways heres the real kicker, IE supports neither so no matter how pretty your content looks in Safari and Firefox, 80% of the people still won't be able to see it anyways. :)

3. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

firefox 3.1 support shadows, if thats what you are looking for. I guess now firefox wins for you.