Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

worker73

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2015
Wondered if you guys/gals might be able to help me out.

I was looking for a radar app for the Apple Watch (animated) and I'm having some troubles.

I downloaded this one one today.....https://watchaware.com/watch-apps/noaa-hi-def-radar-pro/458225159
but nothing went on the watch at all. I have restarted the phone and the watch without success.

Anyway, was curious if anyone out there knew a better app (or maybe how to get this one working)?

TIA!! :)

Mjoshea148

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2012
RadarScope is a good candidate. It costs at least $10 for the app. But it’s been worth it to me.

rgyiv

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2018
RadarScope is a good candidate. It costs at least $10 for the app. But it’s been worth it to me.

Thank you, I will take a look at that one!!

I'm asking without looking into it, but does this app send you notifications of sever weather, tornado warnings, etc...? And then when you click the notification on the watch, it brings up an animated radar? This past weekend I was approaching a nasty storm while driving and I was getting alerts from Storm Radar, but as far as I know, there's no way for me to have pulled up the radar on my watch!

Polekat

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
WeatherMate pro is very good and has future radar as well $4.99

I have the free version of weather mate and it doesn't update on my watch unless I tap on the complication. Does the pro version update for you?

I have it set to update every 20 minutes but it doesn't work.

@WeatherMate

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
I have the free version of weather mate and it doesn't update on my watch unless I tap on the complication. Does the pro version update for you?

I have it set to update every 20 minutes but it doesn't work.

@WeatherMate

I was having the same issue and set the complication update for 10-15 minutes and set the Location Services to “Always”, updates perfectly now.

To add, I like the app and it’s very accurate so I stumped up the £4.99 for the Pro version.

Last edited:

Polekat

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
I was having the same issue and set the complication update for 10-15 minutes and set the Location Services to “Always”, updates perfectly now.

To add, I like the app and it’s very accurate so I stumped up the £4.99 for the Pro version.

I was going to buy the pro version but the lack of updating kept me from doing so. Now, upon checking, I see I had location services set to "only while using the app" and figure that's why it wasn't updating until after I opened it up.

Mjoshea148

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2012
I'm asking without looking into it, but does this app send you notifications of sever weather, tornado warnings, etc...? And then when you click the notification on the watch, it brings up an animated radar? This past weekend I was approaching a nasty storm while driving and I was getting alerts from Storm Radar, but as far as I know, there's no way for me to have pulled up the radar on my watch!

It doesn't. I use this in combination with Carrot weather for the 'suite' of weather apps.

Carrot too offers live radar on watch. Just more expensive for the full package (~$24/year) I believe.

Radarscope was 1x purchase.

So yes, I am a weather geek ;)

rgyiv

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2018
It doesn't. I use this in combination with Carrot weather for the 'suite' of weather apps.

Carrot too offers live radar on watch. Just more expensive for the full package (~$24/year) I believe.

Radarscope was 1x purchase.

So yes, I am a weather geek ;)

Thanks for the info! And no shame in that!

Beefburga

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2009
Carrot Weather is my go to app but Giving Weather Mate Pro a go. (Just to change things up)

Yes the latter hasn’t got notifications for weather changes so I keep the notifications coming throughout carrot.

So far Weather Mate has been pretty quick and accurate (once I turned location services to Always).

For now I’m running Carrot and WM side by side to see which one provides the best service for my needs but you can’t hide the fact the the one time purchase price of WM looks far more attractive than the monthly/yearly price of Carrot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.