Animated Watch Faces? (besides Mickey Mouse)

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Kojo.Bee, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Kojo.Bee macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, does any body know when we would be getting proper animated watch faces besides just Mickey Mouse

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

New watch faces are as rare as decent new apps

3. Kojo.Bee thread starter macrumors newbie

I know! you would have thought that would be one of the first things they thought about....its so obvious

4. Evildonkey macrumors newbie

Maybe with the big push of the watch for the holiday season additional faces could become available? If Apple ever did the 12 days of Apple again, it would make a nice gift for those of us that own a watch. Or if they could somehow be designed on the upcoming iPad Pro and somehow transferred to the watch? All wishful thinking at this point....

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Agreed, and I think that was on their radar but as leaks occurred prior to its release about various watch faces and those who own those watch faces. It became clear not everyone wanted their watches on the AW. This is speculation on my part but it seems to make sense. Remember brouhaha that erupted from a swiss watch maker and apple using a famous clock face in its iOS.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Also Apple seems to have an ingrained culture that having to enter into a licensing agreement for a product or service from other companies is sign of weakness or inferiority.