Animation Advice.

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Oxonian3, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Oxonian3 macrumors regular

2. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Pencil and paper, digitise with Toonboom or Flash :)

3. winston1236 macrumors 68000

4. amitk4320 macrumors newbie

I believe a shot can be a group project, a work of art that gets better with each person that puts his mark on it. Although at the end of the day you are the one doing most of the work, the final result should be a team effort. I was lucky to have a great talented team that felt like family. I know not every studio has that situation, but there are always people that can help. And you don't always have to go to who you think is the 'best.' One of my favorite stories I've heard about was when Glen Keane started at Disney, he said Ollie Johnson told him how important it was to show work or poses to others for help. Shortly after he started animating, Ollie knocked on his door and asked Glen to help him with a pose Ollie himself was struggling with and set down a "perfect drawing of Penny" for him to somehow improve. Glen proceeded to, in his own words, mangle the drawing, but Ollie still thanked him for his ideas and walked out. Whether or not Glen actually helped him is not the point, the point is Ollie was willing to go anywhere for assistance.

5. lucidmedia macrumors 6502a

I second After Effects. The piece could be done in flash, but syncing audio and animation in flash can get complex.