Animation app for ipad recommendation ~

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by kimkim23, May 31, 2011.

1. kimkim23 macrumors newbie

Hi peeps, any one can recommend a app for making animation on the ipad?
    some of the ones i browse through are the fellowing,

Animation Desk
    Doink animation
    Animation studio
    Animation creator

There are pro and cons for all of them, though i like the UI for animation desk the most but too bad it doesnt supports audio for now.
    Doink seems to be able animate movement the most easiest whereas the rest got to do a frame by frame type.
    Animation studio i tried the kid ver but donno y it can only work in protrait mode.
    Animation studio is a balanced one overall.seems to have lots of functions.
    Has any1 tried all of them and can tell me which is the most recommended?:confused: Thx

2. kimkim23 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. pawan123 macrumors newbie

4. morriscooke macrumors newbie

Try PhotoPuppet HD

PhotoPuppet HD is an iPad animation app that records movement of the objects (puppets) on your screen. All the puppets have separate tracks on timeline. Sound can be recorded too (and edited, as all the tracks). There are camera angles and YouTube export. Puppets can have multiple frames, so you can make talking faces out of pictures - in no time at all.

There is a Lite version so you can try it out at no charge. www.photopuppet.com

5. tombubi macrumors regular

I am an owner of Animation Desk and I did try a few others before I purchased it. The nicely designed UI and dynamic background of Animation Desk are the key features which caught my attention and made me choose it. The developers have also released enough tutorial videos to guide me through the app, so it took me very little time to become familiar with it. I know it is a pity that it does not support audio, but its other great features should make up for that.