Animation in keynote: How do you "move" an object

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by clacka, May 30, 2007.

1. clacka macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am new to Keynote from PowerPoint. In PowerPoint you can "move" an object, like a shape or a text box, from one part of the slide to another. In Keynote, using the inspector I can only find a way to make an object appear or disappear. Can anyone tell me how to "move" an object like a rectangle from one part of the slide to another?
    Alan

2. headhammer macrumors regular

-click on the blue 'i' icon to bring up the inspector.
    -in the inspector window, click on the fast moving yellow square icon (third from the left)
    -click on the object you want to animate
    -the "build in" tab animates the object appearing, "build out" animates it disappearing.
    -clicking in the rectangle above the edit options gives you a mini preview of your animations for each object, if you click 'more options' first, it gives you a complete preview of the slide.

i'm sure you can figure out the rest, it's pretty straightforward from there ;)

3. clacka thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you headheadhammer, but...

Thank you very much, but I don't want to make the object disappear or remove it from the slide, I want to _move_ it from one place on the slide to another. Any ideas? :)

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Unfortunately this is one of the areas where Keynote lags behind PPT. There is no 'motion path' function in the current version of Keynote. Here's hoping to it being included in iWork 08.

5. clacka thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thanks for that. I will stop looking for the function! And thanks for the tip on Minnesota state law as well!