Animation of looong pictures

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Berit Moller, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Berit Moller macrumors newbie

Hi all
    I make stich photos - pictures of views stiched together to make a wide picture. Some of them are so wide that details are difficult to see when I show them in a slideshow on Adobe Bridge.
    I would like to make a smalle video of them where I use the hight of the picture in full (letterbox) and and move 'the camera' from one side of the picture to another – like a PAN.
    I use FCE for my videoediting and would like to know if I can use that for this type of project and how to do it.
    I would also like to know more about animation. Which aplication to use. I have Adobe illustartor and I recall hearing that you can make smalle animated film with, it is that true?

Berit

2. xStep macrumors 68000

3. Berit Moller thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks
    This is exactly what I need. This is going to be fun :)
    Berit

4. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

just a suggestion, you could easily do this in iPhoto and export it as a .mov

5. Berit Moller thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Brendan
    But I rarely use iphoto and am not so familiar with it. So I think I will go for the FCE model described in the above link. Thanks for telling me.
    Berit

6. xStep macrumors 68000

How do you do this in iPhoto?

7. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

lol, i just realized i ment iMovie, anytime you put in photos they are auto kenburn'd

but in iphoto 09, in the slideshow option you can do it but im not sure how you can control it, where in imovie the "direction" can easily be rearranged.

8. Berit Moller thread starter macrumors newbie

9. brendanryder macrumors 6502a

brendanryder

let me know if it works, i replied from memory so it should work, but im not 100% sure haha

10. Berit Moller thread starter macrumors newbie

OK will do
    Probably takes a couple of days before I get time to try it – have a video to repair some sound on first...:)
    B

11. mcavjame macrumors 65816

mcavjame

The key framing in FPE is the way to go. Much more control over the effect and you can easily add in pauses and other motions for the single effect.

12. Berit Moller thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks MCAV
    Tomorrow I am going to work on the sound of my video and having FCE up and running I will Check out the pan and scan tool and se how it works. If I can get it to work easily I plan to do a short sequence that I will ad into my finished project. Will let you all know how it goes. And thanks again everyone for the help. It is nice to know you are out there ready with help.:D
    Berit

13. Berit Moller thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi guys
    I have some problems making the pan of my imported pictures into FCE.
    I was able to make the first sequenze work but after that the wireframe will not turn green when I mark the starting point of the next sequence. I think it must be a memory problem but I can not figure out how. I made room on my scratch disk and I emtied the cache via the log and transfer window, but still no green wire frame.
    B