Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Since here on macrumors, we all enjoy the finer things in life (see: macs).

This leads me to think in video entertainment, some people here might also like anime.

So, do ya?

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Yeah I don't mind a bit of Anime now and then. When I was much younger I was into Pokemon and ashamedly, Sailor Moon. I've got the entire collection of Neon Genesis Evangelion which is probably my favourite.

Mina2420

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2006
I watched Cowboy Bebop Series and two films from Miyazaki Hayao's, Spritied Away and Howl's Moving Castle. I loved the last one it was an amazing anime. :)

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
2nyRiggz said:
Akira always made my head hurt when I watched it. Anybody watch Paranoia agent?..show is crazy

Bless

Yup I saw most of the episodes, on and off on Cartoon Network. I saw the last episode, and I guess it's allright. The whole series you're just wondering what's going on here?

Serial Experminets Lain is even wierder. Akira was pretty damn wierd too. Anime sure is confusing, that's one of the things I like about it but sometimes it too much.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I like anime, my favorite show being Cowboy Bebop. For fun, I bought a Cowboy Bebop action figure at an anime store in Osaka. Finding it in that huge store was quite a challenge, especially since I couldn't find a store clerk who spoke any English!

I've watched some Neon Genesis Evangelion too.

XNine

macrumors 68040
Doctor Q said:
I like anime, my favorite show being Cowboy Bebop. For fun, I bought a Cowboy Bebop action figure at an anime store in Osaka. Finding it in that huge store was quite a challenge, especially since I couldn't find a store clerk who spoke any English!

I've watched some Neon Genesis Evangelion too.

I didn't know the good doctor was into Anime. Well, if you ever have the chance I highly suggest, if you haven't already, pick up the soundtracks to Cowboy Bebop. Some of Yoko Kanno's finest music since Macross Plus. Bebop's my fav' too. Has been since it was only available in FANSUB...

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
You people will probably laugh at me, I like the Gundam Series. My favorite is the Gundam Seed Trilogy( Seed, Destiny, Stargazer).

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Onizuka said:
I didn't know the good doctor was into Anime. Well, if you ever have the chance I highly suggest, if you haven't already, pick up the soundtracks to Cowboy Bebop. Some of Yoko Kanno's finest music since Macross Plus. Bebop's my fav' too. Has been since it was only available in FANSUB...
Neither did I! I bet he really didn't take all those pictures in Japan, and spent all his time in Akiha. :p
And I'd like to second/third/fivehundredfortyseventh/whatever any recommendation of Yoko Kanno. She's a female, Japanese John Williams, but with less Holst.

Edit: The biggest anime thread yet. There have been others, but this one is bigger by almost 230 posts.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
quagmire said:
You people will probably laugh at me, I like the Gundam Series. My favorite is the Gundam Seed Trilogy( Seed, Destiny, Stargazer).

You're awesome! I love the SEED series! (Let's hope there's a real sequel on the way)

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Counterfit said:
Neither did I! I bet he really didn't take all those pictures in Japan, and spent all his time in Akiha. :p
And I'd like to second/third/fivehundredfortyseventh/whatever any recommendation of Yoko Kanno. She's a female, Japanese John Williams, but with less Holst.
I forgot about her! How could I?! She did the Ah! My Goddess openings!

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
bobber205 said:
You're awesome! I love the SEED series! (Let's hope there's a real sequel on the way)

It is a trilogy in a way. Destiny is being released right now in the U.S. The 3rd DVD of Destiny is being released later this month( the first 2 are already out). Stargazer is confirmed and there is a promo video too. So I guess it is nearing its release in Japan.

I have seen all of Destiny via youtube( gone now due to the legal issues). I will spoil some of it for you. Some things are predictable since it is based off the Gundam series itself. Kira doesn't show up immediatly. Introduces a new character at first. If you seen Seed, you can pretty much predict what will happen in Destiny. For example, you will learn why not to stick a big sword in Freedom's belly. :p Kira survives( of course!) and gets a new Freedom called the X20A Strike Freedom. Athrun rejoins ZAFT, but leaves again and recieves the X19A Infinite Justice. And lets just say Mwu La Flaga did make the impossible possible. That is all the spoilers I will give you.

As for Stargazer. It is only like a 3 episode series. But, rumor is there will be 2 movies based around Stargazer. From the looks of it, the Seed and Destiny crew isn't in it. New Gundams from the Earth Forces called the Strike Noir( based off the no other then the GAT X-105 Strike), Verde Buster( based off the Buster), and Blu Duel( based off the Duel, not the Duel Assault Shroud version). Here is the promo for Stargazer. You see the Strike Noir in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpyQpjDBz4I&search=Gundam Seed Stargazer

EDIT: Lol. Nice Kira and Athrun pic in your profile Bobber. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.