Animoji Flicker/Shiver

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OKLY, Nov 7, 2017.

1. OKLY macrumors member

OKLY

Is anyone else getting their Animoji facial expression somehow looks like shivering?

I found this video on YouTube where it shows this behaviour. Is it a hardware fault?

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

I am. It is frustrating at times but still usable. I am assuming that we will see some firmware updates to tweak this since they put it out there as one of the main features.

3. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502a

AMTYVLE

4. OKLY thread starter macrumors member

OKLY

So I guess I don’t have to bring my iPhone in yet. Just worried that there’s an issue with the camera.

5. luca.spiga1992 macrumors member

It only does this without light . With light it’s fine. Same for u guys ?

6. OKLY thread starter macrumors member

OKLY

So it needs very decent lighting? My room is pretty well lighted up at least to me but not sure if it’s enough for Animoji.

7. TimFL1 macrumors 6502

Animoji use the camera and not the IR blaster/FaceID. That‘s why your room has to be properly lit (and it tells you to turn on the lights) for it to function properly.

8. luca.spiga1992 macrumors member

9. luca.spiga1992 macrumors member

And the Animoji with the cock is the one where u can see more the flickering effect.

10. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

It seems as if the eyes are less responsive and “flickery” if I’m wearing my glasses.

11. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

Its the lighting. I was using it in a dimly lit room last night and it was doing the "shiver". I'm sitting in my brightly lit office right now and its fluid and still.

12. luca.spiga1992 macrumors member

[​IMG]
    Do u guys can do this ? I mean one eye closed and one opened ? This is a screenshot from utube. Tbh when I try to do this the emoji ends up with some random moves (like flickering) in the eye zone. Same for u or is it fine ?

13. madKIR macrumors 6502a

I am able to do this. I tried it with different masks as well. Some of them are more pronounced than the others when it comes to blinking your eyes. You def need a well lit room for that, too.

14. luca.spiga1992 macrumors member

Something might be wrong with my face expressions cuz I can’t do this not even in sunlight. I will make my parents try it

15. OKLY thread starter macrumors member

OKLY

Anyway I just tried it under decent amount of sunlight and yes it works perfectly. Probably my house isn’t well-lit.