AniWeather - What happened to it?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iFerd, Feb 23, 2009.

1. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I purchased a weather application called AniWeather a few weeks ago. It seems to have vanished from the App Store. Does anyone here know for sure what happened to it? I liked it for its one-screen simplicity and nice appearance and animations, but I would also have liked to have access to weather maps eventually. Nothing happened to update it, and sometime since I bought it, it disappeared.

2. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Interesting. I did some sleuthing...

I went to www.MobClix.com, clicked on Application Rankings, and searched for aniweather. it appears to have disappeared after Jan 21.

http://www.mobclix.com/appstore/1/app/301252263

From there, I got the developer's name, Chris Miles, and googled his name and aniweather, and got this

http://aniweather.rustyredwagon.com

which shows some apps, including iSlots, which I have and like. You could go to that listing in iTunes to contact the developer. Interestingly, www.rustyredwagon.com goes to Melanie Miles' craft sales. Family business/domain!

3. iFerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nice detective work! Thanks.

Edit: The web site that the App Store takes you to from the support link takes you to a web site with four applications, but no way to contact the developer.

4. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

Below the website, in the Appstore, isn't there a 'support' email?
    Regardless, I think it should be info@RustyRedWagon.com

5. iFerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

There is a link for support for the developer's other apps in the App Store, if that is what you mean. Clicking that takes you to a web site that describes the application and has several screen shots, but there is no way there to make personal contact.

As you mentioned earlier in the thread, rustyredwagon.com is a commercial web site connected to another business. The contact name there has a different first name and the same last name as the developer, Chris Miles. I tried sending email to that address.

6. josephz2va macrumors newbie

My two theories

One: Everyone complained about bugs so he scrapped it
    Two: He was contacted by HTC representatives and was forced to take it off or go to court and fight for his copyright infringement.

7. iFerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just to tie this in a bow - I never received a reply from the address at rustyredwagon.com.