Anker Adds HomeKit Compatibility to EufyCam 2C Security Camera, HomeKit Secure Video Support to Follow

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Anker has updated its EufyCam 2C security camera with Apple HomeKit support, allowing owners to use the Home app and Siri to control the smart device.

You can check to see if your Anker HomeBase 2 and Eufy cameras have been automatically updated by launching the Eufy Security App. According to tech blog Macerkopf.de, if the updates have been successfully installed you'll see a new "HomeKit Setup" menu item in the HomeBase 2 settings.

Once you've selected HomeKit Setup, you'll be asked if you want to add the accessories to the Home app. Click a few more times and you'll be able to add the HomeBase 2 Bridge and cameras to HomeKit.

Don't confuse this update with the promised support for Apple's new HomeKit Secure Video feature, which allows the cameras to capture and store recordings securely in iCloud - Anker is still working on bringing this feature to its EufyCam system and that should follow soon.

Article Link: Anker Adds HomeKit Compatibility to EufyCam 2C Security Camera, HomeKit Secure Video Support to Follow

Last edited:

gplusplus

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2018
Hey look! Another promise, but no actual delivery, for Apple Secure Video!

This song is getting old.

IAmGLaDOS

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
This is great news. Anyone know if this is already available for the EufyCam 2 system?

gadgetfreak98

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2009
This is great news. Anyone know if this is already available for the EufyCam 2 system?
It shows up as available for setup for me in the Eufy Security app. However I’m not at the location where the cameras are due to some travels at the moment. The Home app starts to add the bridge but it cannot find the devices (eg the cameras). Is this because one needs to be physically on site? The cameras are fully set up in the Eufy app.

IAmGLaDOS

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2015
It shows up as available for setup for me in the Eufy Security app. However I’m not at the location where the cameras are due to some travels at the moment. The Home app starts to add the bridge but it cannot find the devices (eg the cameras). Is this because one needs to be physically on site? The cameras are fully set up in the Eufy app.
I ordered a EufyCam 2 system couple days ago with hopes it already supported HomeKit and based on some research it looks like they've already released firmware for it. I would assume that to set it up you would need to be onsite with the cameras, but since I have no experience with them, I cannot confirm that.

CarlJ

macrumors 68040
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
Anker has updated its EufyCam 2C security camera with Apple HomeKit support, allowing owners to use the Home app and Siri to control the smart device.
While this article is about the EufyCam 2C, the included image appears to be the EufyCam 2, which is a different form factor.