Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I've bought the Anker Atom PD1 30W USB-C wall charger.

Just wondering if this will be ok to charge all my devices, as in iPhone Xr, iPad's, Apple watch, and MacBook 12" (it came with an Apple 30W so presume ok?), also my USB-C powerbank.

Has anyone got one? Are they good? Seems a good way to have 1 charger for all devices really. Bonus being it will fast charge iPhone/iPad as I have USB-C to lightning, and USB-C to magnetic watch charger now.

Thanks

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I've bought the Anker Atom PD1 30W USB-C wall charger.

Just wondering if this will be ok to charge all my devices, as in iPhone Xr, iPad's, Apple watch, and MacBook 12" (it came with an Apple 30W so presume ok?), also my USB-C powerbank.

Has anyone got one? Are they good? Seems a good way to have 1 charger for all devices really. Bonus being it will fast charge iPhone/iPad as I have USB-C to lightning, and USB-C to magnetic watch charger now.

Thanks
Yes, it'll work with all of those.

Reactions: MrMister111

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Wish it had foldable prongs, in UK. Even of a tiny bit bigger to get it, hopefully next version.

Anyone got and used one? Work ok? Fast charging on all devices? Ok for MacBook Air and/or MacBook 12"?

Pepe4life

Suspended
Nov 15, 2018
Some one star reviews on amazon claims that the charger killed their MacBooks, I would be cautious.

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
I use multiple Anker Atom PD1 Chargers (EU Version) in various locations (3 at home, 1 at the office, 2 at some other location) and all of them work as they should no issues.
Charging almost any iOS device with them. From Ipad Mini 3, Iphone 6s, Iphone 8 Iphone XS Max and Ipad Pro 11. Absolutely no issues and best charger out there.

Reactions: MrMister111

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I use multiple Anker Atom PD1 Chargers (EU Version) in various locations (3 at home, 1 at the office, 2 at some other location) and all of them work as they should no issues.
Charging almost any iOS device with them. From Ipad Mini 3, Iphone 6s, Iphone 8 Iphone XS Max and Ipad Pro 11. Absolutely no issues and best charger out there.
Does your EU version have foldable prongs? My UK doesn't and even if little larger would prefer that. Have the Apple 18W with foldable and great.

Do you charger any MacBook or anything more powerful? I've heard it's ok for Nintendo switch as well so another charger don't need to carry!

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Does your EU version have foldable prongs? My UK doesn't and even if little larger would prefer that. Have the Apple 18W with foldable and great.

Do you charger any MacBook or anything more powerful? I've heard it's ok for Nintendo switch as well so another charger don't need to carry!

Hi there. No, there are no foldable prongs. It is very rare to see chargers with flodable prongs in EU:). We are used without foldable so I don’t care:).
I don’t own a Macbook so I have not tested it but I’m sure there are lots of reviews which did this test. The most power “hungry” device I have is the Ipad Pro 11”:).

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I noticed today when going to buy the Anker charger mentioned above that RavPower has a 30w in similar size that has a foldable plug. Now, not sure which one to get.

Is iPhone 11 Pro max charging 18w, so 30w charger would be no benefit? I use Apples 29w charger to fast charge my iPad Pro, but like the smaller size of the Anker and RavPower.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I noticed today when going to buy the Anker charger mentioned above that RavPower has a 30w in similar size that has a foldable plug. Now, not sure which one to get.

Is iPhone 11 Pro max charging 18w, so 30w charger would be no benefit? I use Apples 29w charger to fast charge my iPad Pro, but like the smaller size of the Anker and RavPower.

I think all iPhones are 18W max yes, so it is overkill. However my thinking is it’s smaller and charges a lot more, like Nintendo Switch, MacBook 12”, USB-C PD battery bank etc.

Can you link to the Ravpower one? Is it a UK one?

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Sure - here is the link. Which would you get? The Anker or RavPower?

Ah US, ok I’m in UK ravpower doesn’t look like they have a UK one.

If size wise similar then I’d get folding pins. I have the Apple UK 18W USB-C as well and folding pins make it much easier to put in bags etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.