Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonycooper

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2014
Hi All

As many have, I've tried a number of glass protectors, and settled on the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PIE7FCY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I loved the way that the black was a perfect match, with no line around the screen etc. It was not really possible to tell that it was fitted.

However, it chipped, and while Anker refunded, unfortunately they no longer sell this in black!

Does anyone know of the same protector being sold by another company? Really after something the same.

Many thanks

steve62388

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2013
Hi All

As many have, I've tried a number of glass protectors, and settled on the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PIE7FCY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

I loved the way that the black was a perfect match, with no line around the screen etc. It was not really possible to tell that it was fitted.

However, it chipped, and while Anker refunded, unfortunately they no longer sell this in black!

Does anyone know of the same protector being sold by another company? Really after something the same.

Many thanks

If you don't have a case with a small raised lip a lot of the glass protectors will end up chipping.

Saying that I can recommend Spigen glass covers, but I notice they haven't released a Nano version of their Glas.tr Slim for the iPhone 6 yet (that's the version I use for my 5s).

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
Benks old versions have the outline. Their stock is mixed so they may send you an old one with the outline. And based on another thread here they don't provide replacements for old ones. If the outline would bug you u should hold off on Benks.

After my research they were my number one choice. Now I'm in wait mode for a new product from a new company or for Benks to get it together.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.