Anker glaze iphone 5 case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cdcrowell, Sep 19, 2012.

1. cdcrowell macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

Attached Files:

2. Daremo macrumors 68020

Daremo

I received the same case today. The "bumper" section comes off from the TPU, and it feels very thin. Killing me to have the case and not the phone. haha

3. cdcrowell thread starter macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

yes i know how you feel.its killing my daughter also because she gets my 4s

4. phillypharm macrumors regular

i got the case in yesterday. i really do like it. did you two also get the screen wipe and the capacitive pen? i didn't realize it came with those items too. pen is pretty cool

Attached Files:

5. cdcrowell thread starter macrumors 6502

cdcrowell

yes mine came with both

6. Daremo macrumors 68020

Daremo

Yes, Mine came with both as well. A very nice surprise! I like this case, I hope it fits well!

7. Skunkape123 macrumors member

Lol got my white one today. I def DID NOT get a pen hahaha. Damn them

8. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

How does the TPU case feel?

I'm currently using an incipio NGP case and love it. Contacted incipio and they're still working on one for the iPhone 5 and this one seems pretty close to it for now. The bumper is a nice added touch. Seems like it would hold the lip on the edges on the front screen in place and keep it from being pulled back?

9. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Anyone know where else to get this case besides Amazon? I like the look of the white frosted case vs the Poetic Atmosphere that I have, but it's currently unavailable.

10. krick macrumors regular

I bought this case to tide me over until the case market is a bit more fleshed out, and I'm pretty pleased with it so far.

A few details that I really like: that the lip is not only thin, but flat on the face and beveled on the inside, the bottom of the case with the perf'd speaker holes and dock and jack cutouts which looks much better than the wide open bottoms of most cases and the general slimness of the case.

Three things I didn't like: the Anker logo on the bumper, the glossiness of the bumper and that the bumper wasn't attached to the TPU. I fixed the first two in about 2 minutes by taking 1000+ grit sandpaper and brushing the bumper (after removing it) so my bumper is now matte/satin, which I really like, and the logo is gone. I fixed the third one by just supergluing the bumper to the TPU.

11. Daremo macrumors 68020

Daremo

Nice idea on the sanding. The logo should also come off with nail polish remover. What grit sandpaper did you use?

12. krick macrumors regular

Not sure because it was a torn remnant that I just happened to have sitting near my desk - it was at least 1000, probably much higher.

13. Kisey macrumors 6502a

Does anyone have a white one? I'd like to see photos of a white one on a black iPhone.