Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last October, Anker debuted its 20-watt Anker Nano power adapter, a high-speed charger only slightly larger than Apple's standard 5-watt adapter. Ahead of the iPhone 13 launch, Anker today is introducing a refresh for its Anker Nano, which arrives under the name of Anker Nano Pro and comes in four color options: black, white, blue, and purple.

anker-nano-pro-colors.jpg

The Anker Nano Pro has a single USB-C port and essentially the same baseline specs as the Anker Nano, but some of the internals have been tweaked to optimize performance and Anker's ActiveShield safety system features advanced temperature monitoring and power output control to help protect your device while it's fast charging.

anker-nano-pro-hand.jpg

The color options for the Anker Nano Pro are part of what Anker says is a "new direction" for the company that will see it expanding beyond the basic black and white options it's used on most of its products over the years. Other recent colorful product additions for Anker include the lavender grey and mint green versions of the original Anker Nano, several color options for its PowerLine cables, and even the MagSafe-compatible PowerCore Magnetic 5K.

For those looking for a bit more versatility in Anker's lineup of diminutive power adapters, the company is also working on a Nano Pro Dual that will feature 40 watts of charging power and two ports. More information and a launch date for that model will be coming at a later date.

The single-port Anker Nano Pro is available now from Amazon and is priced at $19.99.

Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Anker and Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Article Link: Anker Refreshes Its 20W Adapter Lineup With Colorful Anker Nano Pro

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
these did get sold as part of a costco 2 pack at one point for that price.

these, and any other GaN charger are light years better than what apple has to offer right now. used to be that generally only the apple stuff had the performance and reliability, but now the market is saturated with brands that have reputation for good quality. when apple decided to ditch having a charger in the box, i couldnt have bothered to care. the options outside of apple are so much better.

anker also has other chargers greater than 20w that are excellent, sleek, and not terribly expensive. here's a link to one of them. there's 45w and 60w of the same variant IIRC.

unlike MR, im not an affiliate, just someone who bought the product and has used it extensively with iphone 12 pm, 15" mbp, ipad pro, ipad air, etc.

Reactions: Rocko99991 and psac

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
I really like these neat small GaN chargers but I’ve yet to find my ideal one, want swappable plugs for travelling and two USB-C ports. 30W is enough power.

Reactions: SFjohn

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
I just want a five port USB-C charger that can handle charging two iPhones, two Apple Watches, and an iPad Pro or MacBook Pro without bursting into flames. I want it to intelligently give the power to each device proportionate to what the device can handle. So if the MacBook Pro is plugged in and being used, maybe trickle charge the other devices if it can’t keep up. USB-C is so tricky! It’s nice that it’s compatible with so many things now and it’s smaller and reversible but I can’t just bring one travel charger with me like I used to. I mean heck, back then I had that plus the MacBook MagSafe, so I’d even take a good four port USB-C but it doesn’t seem to exist? I saw one on kickstarter or something but I refuse to buy something that could burn down my house from an unknown unproven company and also if I back it on kickstarter it definitely won’t ever ship because I am crowdfunding cursed.

tom.humphrey

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2011
These are great chargers but where are the gan chargers with more than 2xUSB-C ports? Anker seems to have really slowed down its innovation with its charging products in recent years.

Reactions: Jeaz

Ubuntu

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2005
UK/US
I really like these neat small GaN chargers but I’ve yet to find my ideal one, want swappable plugs for travelling and two USB-C ports. 30W is enough power.
I can recommend the Hyper offering if size isn’t that important. I don’t have the name to hand atm but it has two USB C, two USB-A and comes with US, UK, EU and another adapter.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
These are pretty neat; might pick some up. Overall I've been really happy with all of my Anker gear...chargers, cables, docks, surge strips, etc. They've pretty much replaced Belkin for me as far as being my go-to for accessories like this.

Reactions: PC_tech and 827538

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
I've been waiting for quite some time for them to release an updated dual USB-C 65W or 80W charger with the latest power standards. I want one for traveling to be able to charge my MacBook, iPhone, and Watch all from one charger (using the Magsafe Duo). I know Aukey have one before they were kicked off Amazon.

sahni130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Didn't Anker recently introduce a new Nano-sized charger rated at 30 watts?
I have had the Nano 20w and the new GAN II 30w version, the 30 is slightly larger, although significantly smaller than the Apple 30W USB-C adapter. That being said, I've never had issues with Anker, really, but the build quality and peace of mind with Apple makes me feel better. Plus having the folding prongs is nice.

Jeaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2009
Sweden
Yeah, it’s a good one, thanks for the recommendation. I don’t really need 60W though and when you get to those amount of wattage, it doesn’t seem a lot smaller than a normal silicon 60W one. It looks roughly the same size as the Apple 61W one, although with 2 ports of course. An updated PowerCore III Fusion 5K with 2 USB-C ports and travel plugs and I’d be all over it.

Reactions: PC_tech

Neepman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
Only 20 bucks to kill your iPhone battery faster with 20w charging. A steal

oldwatery

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2003
Maui
Why is this so special aside from the colors. They make more powerful chargers for way less money. What am I missing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.