Anker Ultra Thin Soft TPU Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Xultar, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Anyone try it? I bought them and they arrived Tuesday. You get a clear and a smoke for 9.99 on Amazon. These are Ultra Thin, so you'll only get scratch protection. The camera is flush...to a teeny tiny bit protruding I can't really tell.

The cases are a little too loose. There is a huge gap around the camera cut out on my clear one. All kinds of grit can slide in there to scratch the back. Also the cutouts at the bottom are a bit off.

Also around the camera in the back on the clear there is some rainbowing in certain light. I think this is due to the pressure used to make the camera cut out and the warping it caused.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Transp...rranty/dp/B00NQ0KXM6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The buttons are enclosed and the reaction is pretty good but that's to be expected because the case is so thin.

Also, there may be the teeny tiniest lip on the front. I can't tell.

All in all you get 2 cases for $10. But is it worth it? I don't know. The looseness and the huge gap under the cameras mean that I will more than likely send these back. Perhaps things will be better if I order later and wait for them to get a few more production runs under their belt.

I'll post pictures later.

2. puma1552 macrumors 601

It really comes down to how much you want to spend.

$5-$10 wasted on junk that doesn't fit, or $20-$30 for the high end cases that fit great.

For a $1000 phone, I'm always surprised how many people won't spend more than $5-$10 on a case for it.

3. Xultar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Xultar

I have 3 other cases, unfortunately they add too much bulk. But I wanted an ultra thin fit so I could feel the device. I'd actually love a leather case like the apple case that covers the top and bottom.

I figure since my 6+ 128gb has apple care why not go with a thin fit.

But alas my first thin fit was a bust.