Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
I got these from Amazon as a two pack. For the price, can't beat it.
I've used all sorts of cases for iPhones over the last few years, and these are in a whole new genre that I've never really used before. These are extremely thin, and flimsy even when compared to your average TPU case. I was looking for something very minimal, even considering using the phone without any case at all. This case would be great for someone who wants protection that's one step above an adhesive skin and one step below your average silicone/TPU case. The phone will have scratch resistance now with these, but no drop protection. These will be perfect for someone who wants to be able to use the phone as it should be, naked, but with some protection. They are thick enough that the camera lens is perfectly flush and doesn't protrude. The fit is tight on the corners, you have to kind of stretch it over the last corner when putting it on. The sides move easily as if they are going to pull off from around the phone, but don't. I feel so far they are worth the price for two. The button cut outs are very accurate and don't seem to have any issue. All of the buttons are covered with the exception of the vibrate switch. These cases are so thin that they do not add any bulk to the phone and feel as if you have no case at all. Both colors look good on the phone, so far I've stuck with the gray or smoke colored case. The clear one is nice also and both seem to be fingerprint magnets, however the cases can be easily wiped clean. You can kind of feel some of the leftover flashing where the seam of the mold used to be but it's barely noticeable and doesn't bother me at all. I will definitely be keeping my other case (Diztronic) for days where I feel I need more protection for normal use. I recommend these cases for people that want to use the phone without a case at all but don't want to risk scratching it. I would prefer to use these over one of the spray on skins that people use. In fact I remove my ghost armor skin and now just use this case instead. The sides of the case I have an extremely small lip probably about 1 mm or less that possibly can provide a lay on the table protection. However I would not rely on this because of how thin it is. With my glass screen protector on the glass protector protrudes above the edge of where the case comes up to. People who are fans of the Caudabe Veil will probably be fans of this case since it's extremely similar in coverage and as thin, but made out of a softer material that has more grip.

da1e36ea369c27f7666a8670caa5817c.jpg
99c69d6928fe9e8326e4bd1ddcc53a4b.jpg
a1ddcb8c18a9bb7e255e1b2c4e59af2d.jpg
574aa6e674fe2186c9d1bdd2a46a2593.jpg
466f0e600739ee1959b896d24d0cdb6a.jpg
6ba3decf67719076031947966d600520.jpg
d38a94f7ca943bc1b89aa45e437ebfd9.jpg

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Anker Ultra Thin Soft TPU Transparent Cover Cases

How about popping a few carriage returns into that large, dense block of type you've written?

I'm horrible at writing reviews and writing in general isn't my strong point. So yea, it's an eye sore and was written mostly by Siri dictation since I was too lazy to do it on my computer. Don't like it, don't read it. She's ugly but gets the point across.

Uuroboros

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2015
Are you getting any lifting on the corners are edges of the case were just lies flat against the screen? Seems pretty thin and even my diztronic being thick still has play.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
The sides of the case peel away easily and are flimsy if you pull them down intentionally. However they don't give me any issue under normal use and don't even notice it. Corners are tighter than the sides.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.