Anker wall charger - some questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by miamialley, Sep 21, 2014.

1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I'm confused about how this charger would impact the charging of my iPad and iPhone. I also don't understand if both ports put out the same power and how the charge is distributed if you have two devices plugged in. Leaving a device plugged in when it's fully charged is okay because the device manages the power, right?

It has 20 watts power, but how is that distributed? Will this charge 2 iPads at 10 watts each? I don't get the usage of amps and watts, either and that conversion. It says up to 4 amps overall or 2.4 per port, but how does that translate into watts? Ug.

Any help?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B8L36A6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2. hokeyplyr48 macrumors member

Read the reviews. The first review explains your exact question. One port does 2.1A and the other does 1.5A

3. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

Well that's interesting, because the product info says 2.4amp per port. This is why I'm asking you guys. I know I can read the the reviews, but they are not reliable and have all kinds of answers.

4. lsh macrumors 6502

I think the technology was changed since that review which would explain the conflicting data. I suggest you contact Anker thru their site or ask the question on Amazon. They seem to be responsive.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

The product has been updated with Anker's Power IQ Tech. This makes both ports smart. Both ports have a 2.4 amp output. The wall charger has a 4 amp total output. The reviews are from the old version.