Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Anker today has a large collection of accessories on sale on Amazon, including the return of a discount on the popular 3-in-1 Charging Cube Stand with MagSafe support, available for $134.95 for Amazon Prime members, down from $149.95. You'll find chargers, USB-C accessories, portable batteries, and more on sale this time around.

anker-january-pink.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Amazon. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Another highlight is the 60,000 mAh portable power station for $109.99 with an on-page coupon, down from $149.99. If you're looking for a smaller portable battery, there's the 10,000 mAh Nano Power Bank with built-in USB-C cable for $39.99, down from $49.99.

Note: You need to be an Amazon Prime member to see this deal.

Shoppers should note that some Amazon deals require you to clip an on-page coupon in order to see the discounts. To get these discounts, click on the box next to the on-page coupon on each product page, then head to the checkout screen in order to see the final sale price.

Portable Batteries

Wall Chargers

Hubs

Keep up with all of this week's best discounts on Apple products and related accessories in our dedicated Apple Deals roundup.

Article Link: Anker's New Sale Has MagSafe Chargers, Portable Batteries, and More at Low Prices

jicon

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2004
Toronto, ON
My wife surprised me with the 3 in 1 charger for Christmas, and is conceptually great. It charges quickly, and it's a really nice sized product (Small, easy to fit in a bag). Ultimately though, it seems to me Apple's got plenty of bugs with magsafe charging and Standby mode.

If I have my Iphone 15P charging flat, so Standby doesn't kick in, my always on display eventually turns off using magsafe, even with always on display. Usually after about twenty minutes. That behavior doesn't happen when the phone isn't charging.

If Standby is used, I use one side for a clock, the other for iCloud calendar to track blood sugar. (This is refreshed every five minutes), plus have some data written to the dynamic island that appears in the upper middle of the screen. Except, you realize the iCloud calendar doesn't refresh often... Sometimes every five minutes, sometimes a half hour goes by, sometimes appearing like there's no current calendar event to display. I've got the exact same calendar entry on my watch refreshing just fine. Just the Standby version is off. Exit out of Standby, check the calendar, voila, there is an entry. Just Apple has decided to do some poorly timed behavior. It can't be for energy efficiency as the phone is charged, so absolutely baffling.

To get around that, a subset of the same data is written to dynamic island, so you definitely see when the numbers don't match.. Except we then run in to aggravating behavior number three... the dynamic island is only allowed to be refreshed by developers for up to eight hours... so one hack that works fine in regular daily use is to create a shortcut every six hours to open the Sweet Dreams app, and refresh the live activity in dynamic island... except Standby interprets the action as meant to show the entire Live Activity after refreshed on the screen, and that only until I swipe the screen. Always a fun exercise at midnight and 6AM.

Further, I think the audible alarms are different when plugged in to magsafe using Standby for some reason...

So, because of my need/use case, likely resorting to charge watch and airpods, meanwhile keep the phone just plugged in to a USB-C cord. Disappointing, because I really like the charger and concept of Standby; just the software quirks get in the way for the time being.

• Sad
Reactions: JapanApple

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Also : Bought 30W chargers at Costco this month.
2 for $29.99 CAD, that's a steal. They're still on special.
I'm really happy with them.

Reactions: matthew12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.