Anker's version of BeatsX

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by wowotoe, Feb 15, 2017.

1. wowotoe macrumors member

2. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

Thanks for this. Ordered. Didn't want to pay $150 for headphones, these might just do the trick.

3. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Do these have the auto-off feature if you haven't been using them for a while? I don't see it in the product descriptions.

4. MecPro macrumors 6502

From the previous Ankers, yes. But an annoying thing is you can't skip backwards on a track. Not sure if they have changed it on this model

And this isn't Anker's copycats. They've used the same features for a while in £13.99 wireless buds for a year or more

The magnetic element of the Beats X surprised me as it was these cheaper companies who did it first

TBH I got these and I'm totally happy with them. The sound quality is just the same as The precious PowerBeats:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Earphones-TaoTronics-Headphones-Magnetic/dp/B017I9CBPC

5. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

why are companies making these darn wires so long? the Beats X wire is absurdly long and that neck band piece is so big that I rather just get wired headphones at that point..... I thought part of the appeal of wireless headsets, was to minimize the amount of wire hanging from your ear.

6. FunkyTang macrumors 6502

7. starwager19 macrumors newbie

starwager19

I had a previous version of Anker bluetooth earbuds and they sounded absolutely horrible. Has anyone compared these to the old ones? Are they better? I normally love Anker stuff but I was really disappointed with the earphones.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

9. harlenmm77 macrumors 6502

Got them in today and I think the sound quality is awful. Gonna send them back to Amazon.

10. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I received my pair to day as well and will be sending them back. I found the cable too short and even when connected, when my phone rings, i can't use the earbuds to answer the call? It disconnects and I have to take them out. Happened on 2 separate calls.

11. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Well there is a reason why they are 3 1/2 stars on Amazon..