Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has given a series order to "WeCrashed," a limited series that will detail the the "greed-filled rise and inevitable fall" of WeWork, a startup that provides flexible shared workspaces for people.

Apple-TV-Ray-Light-2-Purple.jpg

"WeCrashed" is based on the podcast "WeCrashed: The Rise and Fall of WeWork," and it is set to star Jared Leto and Anne Hathaway, both of whom will also serve as executive producers on the series.

Lee Eisenberg created the series, and it will be directed by John Requa and Glenn Ficarra, known for "This is Us" and "Crazy Stupid Love."

In early 2019, WeWork was valued at close to $50 billion as it prepared for an IPO, but the company crashed after a series of articles highlighted mismanagement and odd behavior from then CEO Adam Neumann, who was quickly ousted. The IPO was canceled and the company's valuation plunged to $5 billion.

Apple has not provided details on a launch date, but "WeWork" joins upcoming titles that include "Lessons in Chemistry" with Brie Larson, "Kitbag" with Joaquin Phoenix, "Emancipation" with Will Smith, "Killers of the Flower Moon" with Leonardo DiCaprio, and "The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey" with Samuel L. Jackson.

Article Link: Anne Hathaway and Jared Leto to Star in Upcoming Apple TV+ WeWork Series 'WeCrashed'

Captain Trips

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2020
The WeCrashed podcast is worth a listen. My wife and I listened to it recently, and I learned a lot - before I knew of WeWork but didn't pay much attention to them.

Reactions: macsplusmacs

vagabnd

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2017
I would love just have new content actually released. The one movie and show a month pace is killing me.

ArmPol

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
UK
Not usually so pedantic, but that is appalling capitalisation of the headline, really jarred with me.

transpo1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
As someone who worked for a tech company housed in one of the dilapidated buildings the WeWork owner bought and sold to his own company, I’m really looking forward to this series.

Now we need a movie about the inner workings of Twitter content moderation and censorship...

aknabi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2011
The unofficial Dave's top 10 other titles that were considered:

#10. "WePumpedAndDumped"
#9. "WeRFullOfCrap"
#8. "WeDupedYa"
#7. "WeKilled (Softbank)"
#6. "WeRanOffWithTheMoney"
#5. "WeFailed...and still made millions"
#4. "WeWorked (Son-san over)
#3. "WeShowed (that the masters of the universe are rubes)"
#2. "WeScammed"

#1. "We(Never Have To)Work... again"

Reactions: Rojaaemon

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I love the title. A new WeWork building popped up in my city anyway, and the logo is an eyesore.

I also keep getting emails for a free week pass. During COVID? No thanks.

4jasontv

Suspended
Jul 31, 2011
I hope the trailer includes the quote: "You think you’re in the real estate business. You’re in the fertilizer business."

Or maybe "Where Anne hath a will, Anne Hathaway."

Last edited:

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
Lost me at "Jared Leto."
Why does Hollywood keep giving this whackjob roles?
If persistent rumors are true, probably for generating PR when #metoo2 (not to be confused with mewtwo) arrives. I'm a little curious, though, why apple - of all companies - lets him work for them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.