Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kat.hayes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Does Notabilty allow you to annotate on webpages and PDF files? If not, can somebody please recommend an app for iPad Pro?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Does Notabilty allow you to annotate on webpages and PDF files? If not, can somebody please recommend an app for iPad Pro?
You can annotate in PDFs with notability. Not on web pages directly. You will have to save the webpage as a pdf first (using an app like pdf converter or workflow), then export to notability. Alternatively, take a screenshot and use a photo editing app such as annotable or screenshot.

Reactions: kat.hayes

jasonisme

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2015
PDF Expert 5 (link) is the one I use. It's $9.99 but well worth it. You can mark up several types of documents, not just PDFs. You can save your files through iCloud Drive and other cloud services and share them as well. I read many great reviews on it before purchasing and it has done great so far for me.

Works great with the Scanner Pro (link) app as well to scan in a document and then transfer it over to PDF to mark it up.

Reactions: yaxomoxay

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
You can annotate in PDFs with notability. Not on web pages directly. You will have to save the webpage as a pdf first (using an app like pdf converter or workflow), then export to notability. Alternatively, take a screenshot and use a photo editing app such as annotable or screenshot.

How do you convert webpages to PDF using PDF Converter ? There is no way in there ? In that APP !

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
Hope this answers your question

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    480.2 KB · Views: 195

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
How do you convert webpages to PDF using PDF Converter ? There is no way in there ? In that APP !
You can either copy the link and convert it inside the app, or use the share sheet extension.

c5b1c8caed69166331d37882c4db72ab.jpg

Then open it in the PDF converter app and export it to the app of your choice, such as notability or PDF expert.

highlystrange

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2015
ÜT: 42.710806,-71.447929
Honestly, I want something that allows me to annotate web pages without downloading them. It would be great to have the capability to return to the web page and see the annotation. But I don't know if that's even possible.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Honestly, I want something that allows me to annotate web pages without downloading them. It would be great to have the capability to return to the web page and see the annotation. But I don't know if that's even possible.

LEDGE browser might meet your needs for the first half of that, but not the second. It allows you to visit a page, mark it up while viewing and save the marked up image, but in the end it's still downloading.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Don't see it happening without system-level support.

Is it something you do on a regular basis? In all my years of owning an iPad, I can't say I have seen the need to annotate on a webpage and share it.

Reactions: melman101
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.