annoucing or selling?? ( MBP Air/MBP upgrades mac world 08 content)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bchamorro, Jan 14, 2008.

1. bchamorro macrumors regular

Will Apple start selling the Mac Air tomorrow online?
    What about upgrades on the MBP? Will they be available at the online apple store tomorrow?

2. ClassicMac247 macrumors 6502

ClassicMac247

I would assume they will have it up online within the next 3 weeks.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

We don't know...any updated/new models could be available immediately or may not ship for up to several weeks later.

4. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

Upgrades will be offered right away with shipping possibly being a little bit longer than usual... new ones.. most likely a 2 week wait unless they made alot:apple::apple:

5. bchamorro thread starter macrumors regular

hmm, will the Mac Book Air put an end to the MBP or the MBP will still be Apple's most powerful notebook?

6. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Why don't we just wait 18 hours and see what's actually announced instead of speculating on overwrought interpretations of a word and photoshopped images?

7. gescom macrumors regular

gescom

I don't think we can. I haven't been this excited since Christmas Eve when I was 8. I don't think I will be able to sleep this time either. :p

8. bchamorro thread starter macrumors regular

I've been without a computer for 3 months and I need one now! I don't think I can wait 3 more weeks.

lol

9. akadmon macrumors 68010

Would that be this past Christmas? ;)

10. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

I think any updates to the Macbook Pro will be available straight away and then I expect any new machine will ship at the end of January

11. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

how can you even suggest that an "ultra-thin" notebook of the rumoured sort is going to be in anyway comparable in power to a MBP???

Currently I'm amazed that so much can be crammed into a MacBook Pro, never mind one at half the weight/size/whatever... well we'll see tomorrow I guess.

12. TaylorB macrumors regular

I agree. I think it is quite amazing how much people are already preparing to buy this "MacBook Air." I think a lot of people are stepping out on quite a big limb thinking that something so advanced from what else is going on will be released. They want something ultra-thin that is almost ultra-thin already.

13. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

my expectations are quite modest compared to most peoples seem to be.

I'm just hoping for an updated CPU/HDD/GPU in the MBP and an updated CPU/HDD/GPU in the iMac.

I will be buying both a Macbook Pro and an iMac one these updates take place

14. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

I can perhaps see room for a 13" MBP announcement though. I don't believe there's a need for a completely new brand name for it, however

I really shouldn't look at this site the during the 24 hours preceding an announcement...

15. Justinerator macrumors 6502

Justinerator

Sorry, but the only thing they'd update would be the processor. I guess you might have to wait a little longer :(.

16. Wallace86 macrumors regular

wow why am i even reading this stuff, if i would just have the patience to wait 12 more hours.......