Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Effective today, we have five new MacRumors moderators:
annk, who joined MacRumors in 2004 and lives in Oslo, Norway.

ergdegdeg, who joined MacRumors in 2007 and lives in Austria.

kainjow, who joined MacRumors in 2000 and lives in Columbus, Ohio.

r6girl, who joined MacRumors in 2003 and lives in Boston, Massachusetts.

SilentPanda, who joined MacRumors in 2002 and lives near Iowa City, Iowa.​
All five are dedicated forum members who are helpful and friendly to other members, have a great deal of common sense and dedication to fairness, and have agreed to volunteer their time to moderate the forums, assist forum members who need help, and help us keep MacRumors running smoothly as our membership continues to grow.

Many forum members already know annk, ergdegdeg, kainjow, r6girl, or SilentPanda from discussions in the forums or have already received help from them. Now we will also benefit from their work behind the scenes with our other volunteers.

Please join us in welcoming these five new moderators and thanking them for accepting these responsibilities!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Reminders

You too can help MacRumors maintain forums that are useful and enjoyable:
  • by observing the forum rules
  • by setting a good example for other members
  • by giving a friendly welcome to new members
  • by helping those who ask questions
  • by keeping discussions civil, even when opinions differ
  • by letting the moderators know when you see forum problems
If you think a post violates the rules or you see other problems or potential problems in the forums, click the Report Post
report.gif
button next to a post. This notifies whichever moderators are on duty.

You can also report a post to ask the moderators for help, e.g., to fix a mistake in a thread title, to move your thread if you posted it in the wrong forum, or to delete a post you made if you changed your mind.

Communication with moderators and administrators:
  • Avoid posting messages for moderators in the forums because we can't and don't read every forum post. Chances are that we won't see your message.
  • You will not receive a reply to a post report.
  • To give us public feedback, ask general questions, or make suggestions, you can post in the public Site and Forum Feedback forum.
  • If you have problems with your account, have a private issue to bring to our attention, or have concerns or questions about any specific case of moderation, please use the Contact Us form.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Congrats to our new overlords moderators. Let's hope the job doesn't chase them away like some of the others. :D

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I was a bit shocked to see kainjow joined in 2000, when arn joined in 2001 and I thought arn started the site. Also, arn has a user id of 1 whereas kainjow has 190. The numbers don't add up. Anyone from way back then want to clarify when Mac Rumors was formed?

Oh, and congrats to the new mods!

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Glad to see Silent Panda get the job, always see him posting around, always wondered why he never got made into a mod.

Good to hear overall, hopefully now the response time on spam bots will be back to the cutting edge it used to be.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Congrats to our new overlords moderators. Let's hope the job doesn't chase them away like some of the others. :D

But the others simply didn't understand why we were chasing them, we simply wanted to use the fuzzy pink cuffs on them -- not the pitchforks.

attachment.php

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I was a bit shocked to see kainjow joined in 2000, when arn joined in 2001 and I thought arn started the site. Also, arn has a user id of 1 whereas kainjow has 190. The numbers don't add up. Anyone from way back then want to clarify when Mac Rumors was formed?

The current vBulletin forums were added to the site in 2001, when arn set things up as User #1. But there was an existing comment system for the articles and arn imported the existing users from there, giving those users earlier join dates.

Welcome to the new mods...we're certainly glad to have you onboard! :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Guys, fab to have you in the modding setup and your hands on the levers. I'm particularly pleased to see more ladies in the house as well as iPhone-interested people come on board. A panda doesn't hurt either. :)

I know from personal experience that things have been a bit short of hands behind the scenes, but what might seem a bit daunting at first comes across as second nature after a while.

Go sic 'em. ;)

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Welcome and well done to our new mods. :)

I don't know if you guys get a free complimentary ban to go with your new status, but just on the off chance I'm fully prepared to suck up to each and every one of you. If you need any odd jobs doing, brows mopping or bamboo gathering, just let me know.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
Glad to see Silent Panda get the job, always see him posting around, always wondered why he never got made into a mod.

Well once I followed the clues throughout the site, I eventually found the application. It only took me 7 years to find it.

Note: There is no application. That I know of.

So, what did you name your Ban Hamsters? :p

Want to find out? :p

I don't know if you guys get a free complimentary ban to go with your new status, but just on the off chance I'm fully prepared to suck up to each and every one of you. If you need any odd jobs doing, brows mopping or bamboo gathering, just let me know.

I'll make sure to write that down somewhere in case I ever get low on bamboo!

Thanks everybody! Just keep reporting posts using the report functionality. And pleasssse don't report it and scold the user you reported in the offending thread... because then I have to not only fix the post your reported, but also fix your post... and it's more work for me. And I hate work. If somebody does you or the forum wrong, let us know, we'll meet in our private party room in Las Vegas, discuss it over martini's, then take a look at it! We might not do something to the post immediately (or ever!) but we DO look at every post report that comes our way.

Now where is that ban button....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.