Announcing: DreamStream

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by dejo, Apr 21, 2011.

1. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

DreamStream™ is an application designed to help you fall asleep, whether for a nap, or for the night. Much like pricey noise machines you may have seen in high-end specialty stores, DreamStream plays soothing sounds for a set period of time, while you drift off to sleep. The Sleep option plays your sounds while you fall asleep for the night -- need 30 minutes? 3 hours? You decide. The Nap option plays you to sleep, then wakes you up to a different sound. Doze off on your lunch hour, and still be back in the office when you need to be. Whether you find it easier to sleep to the sounds of a rainstorm, a gurgling creek or the hum of the big city, there's sure to be a sound that will resonate with you.

Current sounds include creeks, waterfall, surf, rain, traffic, and forests, with plans to add more. Let us know if there's a sound you would like us to add. Just a note: There is currently no actual white noise sound included, as that's something widely available elsewhere. If we get many requests for it, it may be added in a future release.

Current alarms sounds include alphorns, barking, tower bells, crickets, an old phone, a rooster and more.

Download from the App Store and give it a shot. We hope you’ll like it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOTE:
    DreamStream is an app that I originally wrote specifically for my lovely wife using sounds (the Hankins Gulch Creek sounds as well as the Alphorns were personally recorded by me) that were special to her. With her encouragement, I expanded the range of sounds to give it a broader appeal and prepped it for distribution on the App Store. We hope that you find it as pleasant to use as we have.

2. dejo thread starter Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Version 2.0 Is Now Available

DEJOware is happy to announce the release of DreamStream version 2.0

What's new in this version?
    • Built for iOS 7 and 8, and now supporting the iPhone 5- and 6-range of devices
    • New Clock Timer and Quick-Clock features (so you can set a clock time to end your nap rather than setting a duration)
    • Snooze option for Nap and Clock Timer
    • Quick Adjust button on the countdown timer, so you can easily add / subtract a minute
    • Sleep/Nap/Clock Cancel button converted to a slider to avoid accidental clicks
    • Sound settings are now saved between sessions