Announcing Novus Scan: a plagiarism checker for Mac OS Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MikeThon, Feb 2, 2012.

1. MikeThon macrumors newbie

Hi all - I'm looking for people who would like to try out a project I'm working on called Novus Scan. It's a plagiarism detector that enables you to find text that has been copied between documents. To use Novus Scan, you first import documents into its database. When you want to check a document for plagiarism, you select it and the app compares it to the documents in the database, highlighting any copied text. It's primarily designed for writers and editors who want to check their own work for accidental self plagiarism before publication, but it would also be useful to teachers and students.

Right now I'm looking for people who want to try the app and give me some feedback on it by reporting bugs, suggesting features, etc. If you'd like to try it out, please let me know by sending me a message from the contact form on my website: http://terranovuslabs.com/contact-us/ or my sending me a PM on this forum.
    Thank!
    Mike

2. MikeThon thread starter macrumors newbie

I just want to let everyone know that I have prepared what will probably be the final beta version of Novus Scan and unless I run into any show stopping bugs I plan to release version 1.0 within the next week. I'm still looking for beta testers though, so if you're interested please sign up on my website.
    Thanks!
    Mike

3. MikeThon thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi everyone - I just want to let you know that this morning I released version 1.0 of Novus Scan, a plagiarism checker for Macintosh. The free trial enables you to create a database of up to 20 documents, which you can scan to check for plagiarism. The full version is on sale for $19.95 and has no restrictions on the number of documents that you can add to the database.
    You can download the trial at: http://www.terranovuslabs.com/