Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
There seems to be a bug in several apps whereby right-clicking causes the app window to maximize (fill the screen).

So far apps I've noticed that do this are:
- Mail (right clicking an attachment)
- Finder/iCal/Preview (right clicking in the search field)
- PowerPoint 2011 (right clicking in the slide thumbnail pane)

It's the strangest thing and most annoying. Is this unique to me? Has anyone figured out how to stop this?

BTW this happens whether I use the touchpad built into my MBA or the Magic Mouse. :(

Last edited:

nyolc8

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2012
I tested right clicking in Mail on an attachment, and in Finder I rightclicked on the search field and nothing happened. Just the rightclick-menu popped up as it should.

roestuff

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
How do you turn off window maximization upon right mouse click?

Hi, I am having this same annoying problem after installing mountain lion. At first I thought it was something Apple changed to make the user experience better for most people. But I hate it. Is there a way to turn off the way a window maximizes when you right click either the magic mouse or the track pad? Thank you.

kenocrates

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
Similar problem and solution

This problem sounds similar to one reported at superuser and the solution there worked for me: exit the SecondBar application.

vidapura

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2014
Drat!!!

Drat....It worked!
Closing SecondBar fixed it...

But I like secondbar.... now what am I gonna do?

Vida

ps: thanks for the help...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.