iPad Annoyance when opening a new tab

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jerkstore99, Mar 12, 2012.

1. jerkstore99 macrumors member

Just got an iPad and when I press the plus button to open a new tab, the google search bar and a window with "recent searches" opens every time. I find this incredibly annoying. If I a opening a tab and want to go to a bookmark on the far right of the bookmark bar, I have to close the recenT searches window. Is there a way to block this window from opening? Anything in Cydia that can help? Thanks if anyone has a solution.

2. vonkaiser84 macrumors newbie

I know this was never answered but I would love to know if there's a solution for this cuz it's driving me nuts too

3. buddda, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

buddda macrumors newbie

Off the top of my head, I remember a Cydia tweak that allows you to have a homepage open when making a new tab. This MAY circumvent the browser going straight to the search engine bar.

Edit: its called "Home Page in Safari", Its $0.99 but it might work for you.

4. vonkaiser84 macrumors newbie

I was hoping there'd be a way to do it without jailbreaking my iPad but if I ever do I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

5. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

I am wondering the same thing. Very annoying and should be a simple fix to open the home page in a new tab without having to jailbreak. Theres gotta be a way.....

6. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

You could use a different web browser. Atomic and iCab are popular.