Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CortexRock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Canterbury, England
Share your thoughts on annoying things that happen or are done by your colleagues at work...

For example:

I'm sitting here at my desk in a building with no air-conditioning, it's very hot and muggy, but certain colleagues insist on closing the windows because they're cold.

I have another colleague who goes out of the office, leaving her mobile phone behind. She gets a lot of calls, and her ringtone is really irritating - why have a mobile if you don't take it with you?

People who don't use online calendars - a real PITA when you're trying to book a meeting.

*sigh* :D

3nm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
talkative coworkers that have bad breath really annoy me. when i offer them mints, they'd be like, "i'm okay..." :mad:

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
I'm sitting here at my desk in a building with no air-conditioning, it's very hot and muggy, but certain colleagues insist on closing the windows because they're cold.

People who have the air-con turned on full blast :mad:

I'm sitting underneath four large vents going full-force and I'm absolutely freezing. The other end of this row of desks is of course perfectly comfortable :rolleyes: As soon as I complain about it, they complain they're too hot and somehow they keep winning :( :( :(

Also the people behind me who insist on participating in conference calls via speakerphone on LOUD setting instead of being considerate and using the earpiece :rolleyes:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
The #1 complaint in every office is that it's too cold.
#2 is it's too hot. :D

Once had a co-worker who clipped his nails at his desk. I put an end to that.

People who bring in leftovers that smell.

Kuma76

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
east coast, Aus
the person that everyone rags on, you know the fat ugly one with red hair, bad breath, stinky armpits,sweaty palms, yellow teeth,smells like they soiled themselves...........HANG ON thats me:confused:

Turkish

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2007
1. People who bitch about how cold it is in the office 365 days a year. It's 72 in here, get over it.

2. People who bitch about the seat being up in a unisex bathroom.

3. People who give themselves superfluous titles like "Senior Art Director" when they are the only person in art.

4. People who turn off the printer because they think it uses toner when it's turned on.

Etc. etc. etc.................

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
"Reply to all" needs to be removed from Outlook.

'Nuff said.

I couldn't agree more.

It's why I use the bcc field when sending emails to a lot of co-workers. Other times I end my email with "Replies to all are not necessary."

sonarghost

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
I hate it when you are having an obvious private conversation at a table and someone decides to sit down and just stare at you..even the dead silence doesn't give a hint to GO AWAY!!

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
The worst I've dealt with is flatulent coworkers. I worked with a person who had this issue, and worst of all was the fact that we shared a cubicle. Every time he did it -- which was extremely often, at least ten times an hour -- I'd mutter obscenities in his general direction. I think he thought I had Tourette's.

Also the people behind me who insist on participating in conference calls via speakerphone on LOUD setting instead of being considerate and using the earpiece :rolleyes:

Agreed. I had a job where I sat in a cubicle between my manager's office and a coworker. He'd call my coworker, and both would have speaker phone on and I'd hear the conversation x4 -- each of their voices straight away + each of their voices in each other's phones.

ezzie

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2006
Baltimore, MD
i'll have to go along with those who mentioned temperature...

i have an office downstairs...literally in the basement...that i share with a male co-worker. he's always hot, and i'm always running my space heater. the best part is that we don't control the AC...we're spliced in to an office upstairs, right by the back door, where it's always hot. at least we can make jokes about it and not annoy each other too much. :p

i'm also terribly annoyed by the people who make coffee and crumb messes in the kitchen and don't clean up after themselves. i have OCD, and i just can't help but wipe down the counter every time i'm in there. seriously, would it kill some people to be a little bit neat?

ugh. :rolleyes:

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
it annoys me today i got to do what we call lates and stay untill 5pm :D

that and people who do not make coffee

how come subway always manage to mess up my orders

my computer will not access the internet with a servre kicking and a couple of re-boots

my boss always on my case about time sheets - sheesh like i know what time i get in

Mc Affee Virus Scan - is there a need i mean come on how friggin long does it take.

Smokers corner seem to get closer to the main doors

i could go on and on ;)

MultiM

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2006
TO. I've moved!
People who wear cologn or perfume to mask BO. It just doubles the stink.

The temperature thing...

Not cleaning up after themselves in the kitchen. I agree, how hard is to wipe down the counter and put your cup in the dishwasher?

Calling me on the phone when you are 2 desks away. That's just lazy.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
People who have the air-con turned on full blast :mad:

I'm sitting underneath four large vents going full-force and I'm absolutely freezing. The other end of this row of desks is of course perfectly comfortable :rolleyes: As soon as I complain about it, they complain they're too hot and somehow they keep winning :( :( :(

You could wear more. There comes a point where they can't wear less. Whilst I'm not saying you are like this we used to have a woman in our office who wore very short skirts and smallish tops then complained she was cold...

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
I tend to ignore the phone. It's not my job to answer it so it annoys me when it rings.:D

that another one right there - people who do not pick up that dam phone whats been ringing

o and the Nokia theme tune on mobiles Arrrrrrghhh that and the crappy Windows mobile ring tones

:p

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I strongly dislike our IT department. I cringe every time I figure out that I have to call them. They are, without a doubt, the rudest, most unhelpful people in my organization. And it's not just the "Oh, you're on a mac," but they are just plain snotty and rude! "Help Desk" my arse!

angelneo

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2004
afk
We used to have some music played in the background (on stations we agreed upon) I hate it when one of my colleague start to think it is ok to hum along.

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
People that surreptitiously switch their knackered chairs with yours whilst you're out for lunch.

I've also had that happen with monitors, went out for lunch and all was dandy, came back and my monitor had been switched to something that was more fuzzy than Fozzie Bear.

epochblue

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I have a metric buttload of workplace grievances, but here's a small sampling...
  1. People who leave their cell phone's ring volume on "Wake the dead"
  2. People who can't clean up after themselves in the kitchen
  3. People who splash water EVERYWHERE after washing their hands in the bathroom (at least they washed their hands, though)
  4. People who use networking terms to describe things ("free time" = "available bandwidth", "IM" = "ping", etc)

....wow, I could probably go on FOREVER.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.