Annoyances (problems)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by munson, Apr 9, 2008.

1. munson macrumors 6502

munson

So, there are a few things about Leopard that I find terrible annoying, and I want to fix them, but I can't seem to figure out how.

1. Does anyone have problems with their cursor "freaking out" every now and then? Sometimes, at seemingly random times, the cursor will shoot to one of the corners of the screen, sometimes multiple corners. Is there a way to "fix" this?

2. How do I get rid of file extensions showing automatically? As of now, I have to manually select the file to stop it's extension from showing. Is there an option somewhere to make the default "Hide extension" for all my files that I haven't found yet?

3. When using Adium and spaces, when I hover my cursor over the space where Adium would be, but in a different space, the status pop-up for my contacts will show up. Can I prevent this? Is it some sort of compatibility error?

If you wonderful folks could provide some guidance, I would much appreciate it.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

1. Doesn't happen to me but if my wireless mouse acts funny, I reboot it.

2. Finder -> Preferences -> Advanced

3. munson thread starter macrumors 6502

munson

Awesome, thanks!

4. Cerebrus' Maw macrumors 6502

Are you using an optical mouse? If so, are you using it with a mouse matt? Mostly, these kind of mice work better on a hard flat surface.

If the infra red on the bottom doesnt time correctly (Ie an uneven surface) the mouse may interpret this as a very sudden movement.

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

It could be your mouse.

I had the same issue with my Logitech a while back. Cursor jumping into corners etc…
    Driver update fixed that.

6. munson thread starter macrumors 6502

munson

For future reference, it is the standard Mighty Mouse that came with the Alu iMac back in Nov. I also use it on my flat, hard, smooth desk (please don't take that out of context? ha ha)

7. evands macrumors member

This is an Adium bug which has already been fixed for the upcoming (but not yet released) Adium 1.2.5.