Annoyances Still Found In 8.1.1

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Futhark, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Futhark macrumors 65816

Futhark

Here's three things that still bug me and aren't addressed even in the latest 8.1.1 Beta. Yes I know this is BETA but these have been happening since 8.0 and it doesn't seem like 8.1.1 will fix them.

Spotlight Search refuses to bring up a keyboard to do a search. Not all the time but random, meaning I have to locate apps in folders myself.

Third party keyboards freezes and changes back to default keyboard from Apple. Not sure if this is the developers fault or Apples but it happens on several keyboards so I'm swaying to it being an Apple problem.

Contacts wether you are editing or creating a new contact when you click First to type in someone's first name it automatically jumps into Last. Very annoying and also does this in address from memory too.

2. laudern macrumors 6502a

my messages app freezes regularly on my iPhone 5...I never did it prior iOS 8...

My battery life is also terrible..

3. myname70 macrumors 6502a

No problems here with the spotlight and keyboard. No issues with the contacts names. I do not use 3rd party keayboard

4. highlightshadow macrumors regular

I have to force kill and restart messages about 10 times a day .... i hate iOS8's instability .... it's making me lose faith in the quality of apple and the platform

5. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

The very annoying copy/paste bugs still exists where it's difficult (near impossible) so select certain lines of text, and the page would automatically scroll up.

6. gewawd macrumors member

gewawd

How about in Safari, in Reader mode, when you long press a link, do you now have the option to open the link in a new tab or is it still missing in Reader mode?

7. Futhark, Nov 12, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2014

Futhark thread starter macrumors 65816

Futhark

Annoyances Still Found In 8.1.1

Seriously? I might uninstall third party keyboard to see if this is my issue

I can confirm 3rd party keyboard was the cause of the mentioned problems. Once disabled everything worked as it should