Annoyed and in a dilema

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by soupyjnr, Jan 22, 2008.

?

What would you do.. would you

Poll closed Jan 29, 2008.
  1. Wait and see what happens or

27 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. Buy one now

33 vote(s)
    55.0%
  1. soupyjnr macrumors 6502

Hello,

Im a little annoyed because I dont know what to do - I know that at this stage any talk of any new macbooks coming out is just guess work - but I really dont know whether to wait and see, or just to order now and take this chance. At the end of the day the machine I buy isnt going to do anything differenly just because Apple :apple: bring out new laptops... I know all this!

But I want to know what you would do.. Ive added a poll to ask people to vote on what they would do, but can I ask that people leave a comment as well - Im just in such a dilema... grrrr! Dont you just hate technology lol! Only joking I love it!

Great guys - I look forward to hearing your views and opinions :)

2. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

if you need it/want one now then buy it. i got my macbook in november. i was kinda waiting for an update, but had to wait for the money anyway. if they hadn't been updated i would have just bought one anyway, if you keep waiting for things to be updated you'll never buy one.

Or if you really do want to wait, i'm thinkin they'll either get updated in May, summer expo or next November.

3. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for that. But is there anyway to find out for sure. I tried Apple but they just told me they dont know (I was speaking to the sales team), which is far enough. Im new to Apple and Macs, and also to MacWorld so - would Steve Jobs have said Apple are going to be bringing a new batch of Macs out?

4. Steel Wheels macrumors member

Steel Wheels

That alone will drive a guy insane. If you need one, just buy it. There's always gonna be something better around the corner.

5. heatmiser macrumors 68020

6. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

lol thats amazin! love it!

7. Gunga Din macrumors 6502

I'll tell u what i i'm gonna do......get a Mac Pro:)

Problem solved !

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

There will always be the possibility of a new or model revision of whatever (MB, MBA & MBP).

Buy what you need today. Then even if a new version is introduced, you have what you need.

Want is a different situation. Many times want is merely caused by newness of a recently introduced product. That can quickly fade.

For example, the MBA, which is a very nice light laptop computer. After you purchase the MBA you might find that you would have preferred a MBP because of the built in ports, or the matte screen, once the newness wears off.

9. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Good point - so basicly just buy one now!

Is this MB good for easy for wireless internet

10. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Buy one now, all Macs are great for wireless stuff!

11. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

12. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you

Well thank you to everybody who ordered :) Should be ordering one soon - I will let you guys know when its ordered :D!

13. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Just wait it out, you'll be that much happier when you get that new shiny MBP with the wide touchpad and Penryn.

You can do it, just a little bit longer!

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Buy it now if you need it now. If Apple updates it tomorrow, doesn't mean yours is suddenly useless. I just got a base MBP yesterday, and it will suit me for a long time ahead.

15. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all your comments - Im thinking of buying a MacBook next week - if they update them, it doesnt really matter.... I will still be able to say I have a MacBook :D! Im getting it on education discount which works out at £601.60 which is better than £699 which is good when your a student! I was also debating whether to get AppleCare, but I was talking to an Apple sales member the other day via. Live Chat on Apple UK and they said when you buy a MacBook on education discount, you get three years of AppleCare FREE - so basicly for the £47 which is the price you pay for 'AppleCare' on education discount, is an extension of the 90 days complimentary phone support... if you pay £47 you get phone support for 3 years... although I dont think I will take it.

Thanks again for your help :) Your votes and opinions are still welcome :)

16. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Nothing from Apple is EVER what we thought it might be from the hype. Remember before Macworld there were rumors that the ultra portable Mac would include an enclosure that resembled an iMac for the ultra portable to fit inside. Everyone was expecting this high tech enclosure and it never happened.

The same may hold true for the MBP's update. All we may get are the Penryn processors and be honest with yourself, do you truly think that the speed will be much better? I think not. Also once you start using your computer you never think about the processor inside, all you care about is how well it runs.

I think people holding out for the MBP updates are expecting some radically new designed machine with tons of new features and all we may get from Apple is a minor speed bump and maybe the same graphics card. Apple has been known to keep the same GPU's through several revisions. So I voted to buy now.

17. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Very very true. Ive always owned a windows PC and Ive had enough of them! I just hope a MacBook wont let me down. Hopefully I will like the operating system!

18. jhande macrumors 6502

When the attraction becomes irresistible, buy, in the sure knowledge that the pristine 'newness' and 'ooooh, shiny' effect is fleeting, but the machine is just as capable after a new version is out as it was the day before.

Don't mix up the love affair with 'new' with the loyalty and friendship of 'old'.

Ah, the hell with it, rationalizing it will *never* beat the 'I want...NOW' factor. We should all have open accounts that Apple can draw down :cool:

We have truly been assimilated....

19. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I should be ordering my MacBook next week - im sure I will love it and I know that it'll be my wee treasure :)

Keep the comments and votes comin :)

20. dante@sisna.com macrumors 6502a

dante@sisna.com

I needed one, and bought one less than a month ago.

No regrets: A BTO 17" high res MBP, 4 gig (non apple ram), 200 gig 7200rpm. Great machine. Best ever. Fast.

Next update seems as if it is going to be very minor. I expect major update in the fall.

If you need it buy.

I put my money where my mouth is.

PS --THANKS -- Replying to your post just got me my AVITAR!

21. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

The only time not to buy a new machine is when there's a major event coming up within the next month or two... Macworld, WWDC, etc. We just had a major event, so the product line should be stable for 4 or 5 months, at least.

If you need it now, get it.

22. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Buy it now dude! Screw Apple and their updates.

I'm waiting... :D

23. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey! Sorry, Im dumb... whats an Avitar?!

Guys thanks again for the votes and the comments - ive got another question and Im going to open a new post to see what votes I get - im not sure what I should do

24. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

I think he meant Avatar (A graphical image of a user). Buy the MBP now!!

25. soupyjnr thread starter macrumors 6502

I barely have enough money for the MB never mind the MBP! As much as I would love one!