Annoyed, need some help.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tyranical, Aug 13, 2009.

1. tyranical macrumors regular

Some idiots on another forum told me that i could upgrade to 3.0.1 no problem and it wouldn't unjailbreak my phone or anything.

It did, and the restore file i made beforehand doesn't give me back my jb so i've lost all my jailbroken settings/apps etc.

Now i've jailbroken it again but when i download things on cydia they're not showing up on my springboard, i downloaded winterboard and categories and they're nowhere to be seen but cydia recognises them as installed.

Help?

2. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Have you tried rebooting? If that doesn't work re-jailbreak and when it ask for your ispw point it toward 3.0 not 3.1.

3. tyranical thread starter macrumors regular

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

U are going to have to restore it again.. And don't restore from BACKUP! Also if you had any apps in categories... After u updated it's basically like the apps are gone.. They won't show up although their installed... And the files get kinda screwed up... Restoring is the only way to get everything back right...Then jailbreak.. Then download everything u need

5. Che Castro macrumors 603

apt.bigboss repo is down for me i get errors

is it workin for you guys?

6. tyranical thread starter macrumors regular

New problem now, i went to reset to factory settings on the settings menu on the phone last night as i read that gets rid of any small jailbreak files etc left, and then i left it overnight to do that, the battery must of drained, and now all its doing is turning on, the apple logo appears with the little wheel thing under it that goes round when its loading something but the wheel thing doesn't move and after 10 mins or so the battery goes dead again and the whole cycle starts over.

What am i meant to do now?

7. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

you're the idiot for not even bothering to read the myriads of warnings all over the internet that you'll obviously lose jailbreak if you upgrade to official firmware. i mean, DUH.