Annoyed with Now Playing

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ohsnaphappy, Sep 25, 2017.

1. ohsnaphappy macrumors regular

ohsnaphappy

When I'm listening to Apple Music the Now Playing feature is ever-present on my watch. Sounds handy right? It can be. But I was petting my dog and he skipped to the next song. Then he paused the music. When I'm cycling, I want to see my fitness info, not Now Playing.

Also, in my dock, I have Apple Music and Now Playing right next to each other, and sometimes I'm like "which should I choose?"

I tried to find an option to "always show" the fitness app while working out, but couldn't figure it out. Any ideas?

But otherwise love my series 3, and this is a very small problem, just a little annoying.

2. Cascades42 macrumors 6502

In the Watch app under general > wake screen, you can disable auto launching of audio apps.

3. Benz63amg macrumors 68030

Benz63amg

4. Mabus51 macrumors 65816

Thanks, this was annoying me every time I left my car I had to push the crown to see the damn watch face.

5. bradbomb macrumors 6502

bradbomb

THANK YOU! I was wondering how to turn this off also. It would come up even when I'm in the car. Also, if I launched VLC on my phone, VLC's app was automatically opening also.

6. jakerichva Suspended

Yep, that was the most annoying feature of the entire upgrade. Finally discovered how to shut it off.

7. Frankfurt macrumors 6502

Frankfurt

8. richard371 macrumors 68020

I think ill turn mine off too. I set "now playing" as the bottom complication for my Explorer theme. Very convenient when using AirPods to adjust volume and skip tracts etc.