Annoyed with uneven display/screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dreary, Aug 3, 2009.

1. dreary macrumors regular

i've had my mpb for a little over a month now, but the unevenness of the screen is bothering. i noticed that the left side is slightly higher than the right side. i looked at the black hinges and the left hinge is further out than the right hinge. is there anything i can do to fix it? :mad:

2. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

3. dreary thread starter macrumors regular

unfortunately i live in the middle of nowhere, so thats not really an option. :(

4. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

send it out for repair through applecare then.

5. hugorganista macrumors member

hugorganista

As good as the Apple packaging may seem, usually a lifted screen can mean it was damaged during shipment.

Call Apple Care and see what they can do. Even if you don't have Apple Care, you still have a years warranty on parts and some software.

6. dreary thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, i'm going to call. if i don't have apple care, can i buy it and then ask them to repair it? i thought i could live with it but its driving me crazy.

7. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

This doesn't sound a defect to me. Perhaps if you posted pictures, we can get a better idea of how big the problem is.

ALL LCD displays have slightly differing brightness levels all over the screen even when you look directly at them. I've never seen a laptop LCD that didn't have mediocre viewing angles. Even the best desktop LCDs are not perfectly even.

8. dreary thread starter macrumors regular

i'll take a picture when i get up (lol). however, i don't have a tripod so i might take the picture so it doesn't show the unevenness. i do plan on showing how the left hinge is looser than the right one which is probably the reason why its uneven.

9. hugorganista macrumors member

hugorganista

I don't think you need to get Apple Care.

Just tell them that this is how you got it.

Think of it this way: If your buying a product, you want it to work and you want to be satisfied with it. Why should you pay for Apple Care when this is Apple's fault?

10. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

11. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

One side of the hinge being out of whack is NOT a feature, it's a flaw. It should be flush with the rest of the computer on both sides.