Annoyed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nStyle, Jan 5, 2011.

1. nStyle macrumors 6502a

I love my MBP and know that I enjoy it more than any other laptop out there but I am annoyed at the fact that it can't even play World of Warcraft smoothly.

I didn't do much research before I bought the MBP concerning the 9400M, because I assumed anything in the 9000 series would be at least as good or comparable to a 7950GT. I was dead wrong. The thing can't even play WoW at above 20FPS in soft conditions.

Also, I don't know what the safe operating temperature (or even the maximum for that matter), but the temp always hovers at 180 degrees when playing games.

Really considering upgrading to a new MBP or just buying a new iMac but I hate how the graphic cards become outdated so quickly in these things. Every other spec, the memory and CPU, hard drive, etc, is perfectly fine and acceptable for nearly any situation. It's only the graphics card..

2. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

Graphics cards do seem like one the first things to become outdated in a computer.

Part of your problem is that the 9400M is only an integrated graphics card. If you want to play games, you really need to buy a machine with a dedicated graphics card.

3. nStyle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I mean the graphics are on Fair right now and its running smooth, and although it doesn't look that bad it still is rather annoying.

It is certainly my fault for not researching more though, although I didn't buy this Mac for games per se.

4. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

My base 15" MBP and my 13" MBA both ran WoW very smoothly, I had to tinker with a few settings like get rid of sunshafts and the shadows (To be honest I never noticed the damn stuff in the first place), but even the 320M did a decent job of handling it.