Annoying Angry birds problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by aimee.elizabeth, Aug 5, 2013.

1. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

So ever since I updated to ios 7 beta 4, everytime I open angry birds, it would ask me to sign into the iTunes Store once or twice. After I sign in, it doesn't do anything, and if I cancel the request, nothing happens either. I tried to toy around with iTunes settings on my phone and Game Center - signing out back in etc, but nothing seems to work. The iTunes sign in pop up just keeps on coming, but I noticed that it only happens with the regular version of angry birds, and not the others. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the app or something between the app and the OS. But does this happen to anyone else?

2. Tander macrumors 6502a

Tander

You know that iOS 7 is beta right?
    You should also know the developers of the game cannot update the app for iOS 7 until it's GM release, right?

This would be an app bug - not an OS bug.

3. aimee.elizabeth thread starter macrumors 6502

Of course I know this is a beta, and I expected bugs. But they can update their apps prematurely to fix some issues as some developers have done for apps such as eBay. There is no need to be condescending, I am well aware of the limits of the beta. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to ask around to see if anyone else experiences the same symptoms and if they have any solutions. Moreover, this bug only occurred in beta 4 for me, and not the previous betas, which would indicate that it's the OS' changes that prompted this bug, not the app.

4. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Makes no difference. OS changes that require the app to be updated to support them. It's a bug with the app as it doesn't support the changes made on in Beta 4 yet.

5. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

You might be right, but then again, you might not be. It might be a bug in beta 4 that's causing Angry Birds to misbehave. In that case, it should be corrected sometime between now and the GM. I'm sure Rovio knows whether this behavior is caused by a change in iOS or a bug in this particular beta version of iOS, and they'll respond accordingly.

6. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I use Angry Birds on my iPad Mini with iOS7B4 and have no problems with it. Occasionally I need to do a hard reset after lengthy gaming session if weirdness shows up with other apps.

7. batting1000 macrumors 604

Developers are not obligated to do so.

8. mwxiao macrumors regular

It may be a bug induced in beta 4. Or it may be intentional change in an API that Angry Bird is using. You never know. If you are really a developer, dig deeper to find out if it's caused by an API or a bug.

PS, people still play angry birds?

9. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

After the latest update, not nearly as many.