Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lulumink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I like the new version a lot just like everyone else.
But the the way they set up the animation is highly annoying.

I like that new transition effect when opening and closing apps, super quick!
But, you have to bear the fact that parallax effect of the icons must be turne off.

I hate fading animation.

Apple should just get rid of the parallax effect entirely and leave everything else or give us two separate options! Customization is not that hard to implement!

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I think the animations in iOS 7 are cool, and they made them much faster in 7.1. But hey, if you want customization, Android is a good choice for you.

lulumink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
I think the animations in iOS 7 are cool, and they made them much faster in 7.1. But hey, if you want customization, Android is a good choice for you.

You didn't get my message. I like the animations to but I don't want to parallax effect to be on at the same time. They need to be toggled on and off independently. Understand now?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
You didn't get my message. I like the animations to but I don't want to parallax effect to be on at the same time. They need to be toggled on and off independently. Understand now?

Go to Settings, Brightness and Wallpaper, and turn off perspective zoom.

lulumink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2012
Go to Settings, Brightness and Wallpaper, and turn off perspective zoom.

I get that. If you move the iphone, the icons still move slightly.
I just don't get why would Apple want to make those icons movable if parallax effect is basically not valid already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.