Annoying Beachball!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by macintoshSL, Jan 25, 2009.

1. macintoshSL macrumors member

macintoshSL

I've posted here about this before, and have done what others have suggested, it just wont go away!

Anyways, I get the "beachball" all the time. It could be when i'm watching a youtube video, when all of a sudden everything just freezes and the spinning ball comes up. It could also just randomly show up when clicking on a link or using other programs like microsoft word or imovie.

Thanks for any help :apple:

2. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

If its still under warranty, I would give apple a call!

3. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

I thought the title said: " Enjoying Beachball " Then I thought okay he likes the beach , that's cool :)

but yeah definitely take to Apple

4. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

If you need help in the forum, I'd have to ask some questions like:

How many and what apps do you have open?
    How much free space do you have on your HD?
    Are the 2GB of RAM being used?
    Have you checked your Activity Monitor for something unusual?

My guess is that you either need more RAM or your HD is too full to offer enough virtual memory. That or you might have some sort of runaway process that you are unaware of.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

What process is eating all your processing power? Activity Monitor will tell you and we can formulate an opinion from that.

6. rom macrumors regular

How much RAM do you have and how much of it are free? Check the CPU Utilization, as suggested earlier - it will give you an idea as to which processes are eating up your resources.

In my case, I have 4GB of RAM and the bottleneck is the 5400rpm HDD. I am looking to upgrade to the faster 7200rpm but it is not available in my area at the moment.