Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Hi in the music app it used to be that it remembered where you left ( the playlist i am listening for example)

Now in ios 10 the music app upon launch always resets to show the main page of library, playlist etc.

Is there anyway to make music app remember where you left off? Thanks!

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
FWIW - this seems to be a change (and an unwelcome one) in iOS 10.

Quite why Apple decided this was a good idea is something I cannot understand.

Some time ago, I ditched the stock music app and moved to Cesium, which is better (for me, anyway) to manage my local music, as I do not have Apple Music, and I have no desire to have Apple Music.

Cesium's Developer (who provides excellent support for his app) has worked on an alternate method of fixing this issue (I've been running a newer version of Cesium via Test Flight, which has this, and it works well).

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
Hi in the music app it used to be that it remembered where you left ( the playlist i am listening for example)

Now in ios 10 the music app upon launch always resets to show the main page of library, playlist etc.

Is there anyway to make music app remember where you left off? Thanks!
Annoying isn't it? When I leave work after a couple of hours I always have to manually jump back to where I was.

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Oh well let's hope apple listens and fixes this irritating feature

alex.houston

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2016
Indiana
As a workaround, you can 3D press Music app and choose from the recent albums/playlists. Also you can add Music widget to do the same from the Today screen.

shankar2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
It seems to be fixed and in latest ios Anyone confirm please?

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
Has worked for me for awhile. Can't rightfully say which beta fixed it, but only time I consistently see the Music app not remember what was playing, is when using a radio station/create a station.

Vorkeyjones

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2016
It's like that in iOS 9 as well.

It's all part of Apple's plan to make the music app as awful as possible.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.