Annoying Blotter app is stuck

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OlLadyMacbeth, Jan 5, 2015.

1. OlLadyMacbeth macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I'm having difficulties accessing a calender app called Blotter that sits as wallpaper on my imac screen. It's meant to be linked to iCal but I've never really used it. Now that I want rid of it I can't access any settings or delete the application file - it says it is "in use" when I attempt to. I have no idea what else I can do to get rid of it and as you can see from my image, takes the lion share of my screen.

Attached Files:

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The picture you posted shows that it can't be moved to the trash because it is open. Try clicking on the Apple icon in the upper left corner > Force Quit > Pick the Blotter app. Once it is closed, you should be able to delete it as you would any other installed app. I would also do a spotlight search for any remaining folders or files from the app. Type in the name and see what comes up.

3. OlLadyMacbeth thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for replying. It's really strange because it isn't in the menu to Force Quit so that's not even an option. When I do a spotlight search it comes up in Applications - I get that icon that I moved p the desktop that I can't seem to interact with.

I'm used to installing and deleting apps. It just seems that this one is different because when you click on it nothing happens yet attempts to remove it is met with "cannot be moved" because it's open.

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Open up Activity monitor, and see if you can locate and kill the running process(s) for the app. Maybe then you will be able to delete the app.