Annoying bug in 4.3.2 (Ipod Touch 4th Gen)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mobilicorpus, May 3, 2011.

1. mobilicorpus, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

mobilicorpus macrumors newbie

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?:

As music is playing and the iPod is locked, double-pressing the home button to show the music controls has a bug in that the wrong album art is shown for the song playing, and even after skipping to the next song, the album art changes but is still wrong? However if the iPod is then unlocked, and the Music app is opened, the correct album art is shown. Annoying.

Also, has anyone noticed a problem with snoozing an iPod's alarm? I missed my bus to university this morning when I set my alarm to go off extra early so I could snooze for a while, but after snoozing, the alarm never went off again. I don't know if this is maybe only a problem if a 4-digit passcode is used on the iPod (like mine), or if it also happens when an alphanumeric password is present or when no passcode is activated at all... Then again, I probably just turned the alarm off after the first snooze and don't remember :rolleyes:

HOPEFULLY, iOS 4.3.3 will fix this/these! A premium device should have a bugless OS. Especially from :apple:pple.

2. donlab macrumors 6502

donlab

No issues with album artwork or snooze function with a 4 digit passcode on my 4.3.2 iPT4 32GB.

3. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

I saw someone posted some really messed up album artwork on twitter today, think it was chronic maybe. Looked like 8bit, kind of neat actually.

4. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I've noticed this.

5. EugenexYew macrumors regular

EugenexYew

I've noticed it and it has been so since iOS 4.0
    Apparently, everytime I sync a new song, that song will be affected.
    There is a fix, which is simply turning it off and turning it on again and the album art will be back to normal :D
    However, I DO wish there's an official fix in iOS 4.3.3 which is coming in say, a week or 2.
    Hope this helps!

6. etchtech09 macrumors member

I have had the same problem on my iPhone 4. I agree with the above post that you can turn it off and back on and it will be fixed.

It actually happened to me this week when I sync'd my iPhone with my work MacBook Pro instead of home iMac like I usually do. IIRC, when it happened before, I had recently sync'd with the MBP. I doubt there is a correlation, but you never know...

7. mobilicorpus thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys for the help, at least I know I don't have a faulty iPod and this has been happening to a number of users and not just me. I'm currently updating to 4.3.3 so hopefully the problem will go away. I'll use it for a day or two and if the problem with album art hasn't been alleviated, a change of title to this thread will be in order to encompass the new iOS version 4.3.3 and not just 4.3.2.

Just as a side note: The snooze problem, it turns out, wasn't a problem with the iPod, it was a problem with me. I didn't risk setting the alarm on my iPod last night so I set it on my phone (Android - I'm a traitor I know, but it's the best phone I could afford) and guess what? I missed college because apparently I turn the alarm off so quickly it doesn't register to me that I've even woke up in the first place and I go back to sleep. Then when I REALLY wake up I have no memory of turning off the alarm. The only reason I know this happened is because my Mam told me she heard my alarm go off, heard me moving and then... silence. I should start putting my alarmed phone/iPod across the room so I HAVE to get up to deactivate it! Rant over.

8. easy4lif macrumors regular

easy4lif

I remember having this problem a while back and I found out that if you delete the album artwork cache folder inside the itunes folder, open iTunes again and iscroll down all the music, movies, apps, TV shows, etc. so iTunes creates a new cache folder it should fix the problem. I went one step further and removed then added back all my media back onto my ipod touch.

i know of other places the explained it better then i did .