Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xdefeatsy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
Whenever I adjust certain parts of my photo in Aperture, I get this weird bug that turns half of my photo a solid orange. I have attached a picture of what I am talking about. Does anyone know how to solve this?

Attachments

• aperror.jpg
    aperror.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 50

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Might help if you give some details regarding your machine and what version of Aperture you're using. I've never seen the "bug" before. Also, by "adjust certain parts" can you be more specific as to which parts you adjust?

blodwyn

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2004
Portland, Oregon
Whenever I adjust certain parts of my photo in Aperture, I get this weird bug that turns half of my photo a solid orange. I have attached a picture of what I am talking about. Does anyone know how to solve this?

If it's tweaking the exposure upwards that produces this, then it looks like it's showing where 'clipping' is taking place, i.e. where the highlights are maxed out on brightness and detail is gone

pprior

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2007
As noted this is a feature, it means you're blowing out details in the areas that are highlighted. I frequently toggle this on and off as i make adjustments to ensure that I minimize blown highlights.

Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.