Annoying 'clicking' noise and flickering backlight, 27" ACD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by striker33, Jul 4, 2011.

1. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

Hi guys,

My almost 3 month old ACD has a really annoying ticking / clicking noise coming from the bottom left side of the screen, and upon researching the issue, it appears as though it is yet another fault with Apple's displays. The backlight also flickers constantly whenever the brightness is reduced below 100%, and the lower the brightness gets, the more intense the flickering is.

The clicking noise has been present for about a month now, and I've just sort of lived with it. But now it seems to be increasing in frequency and loudness.

My main question is, am I still eligible for a refund? I'm based in the UK so I am covered by the distance selling regulations meaning that if a product is not fit for purpose or develops a fault I can get a refund within 6 months of purchase. I'd rather not go down that route though, and I'm not honestly sure how Apple deals with refund situations for items outside their returns policy time frame.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Why not just 'phone your local Apple Store or Service Centre and ask them? You'll get an actual answer from them compared with conjecture from here.

3. striker33 thread starter macrumors 65816

striker33

I dont have a local store unfortunately, and theres nothing they could do anyway other than replace it for another one that has just as much defects.

4. John T macrumors 68020

John T

There must be an Apple Service Center, Approved Retailer near you. Have you checked the Apple website? In any case, the locality of the store/service center doesn't really matter, for the sake of a 'phone call, you'll get a definitive answer to your query.

5. striker33 thread starter macrumors 65816

striker33

Theres absolutely nothing other than the store thats an hour away :(

I'll give them a call anyway, just to see, thanks for your help.

6. smoge macrumors regular

smoge

ist that fair trade laws that a every new produce has to have a 2 year warranty in the UK, i guess if what you say is write that you can get a refund then i guess there is nothing they can do they will have to five you a refund.